• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi, to all..

didital_mike

Hi, to all from the UK

Ok, I am a software programmer, not a Print Operator but work since 18 months for a Digital Printing Company.

I write my code manly in . Net.

At the moment, I am coding Illustrator.

Grab same Names from our SQL database to produce some EPS Files with around
8-12000 Personalized Stickers per File, sprinkle some icons throughout and send it to the Printer .

I (foolishly) expect my documents to be printed the way I designed them (at least some times, now that would be cool!).

Don’t know much about our Printers (Summa DC3, Mimaki 75II something (sounds like a Japanese Locomotive to me and smells like one too), and a Roland PC600).

For me, a Printer is a Printer be it a 29 bucks Epson from the Supermarket or a 20k Mimaki.

Just that the our printers “Modify” my designs too often.

Time to talk to the people who know there stuff.

Best regards

didital_mike

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from Oklahoma! Be sure to check out printing digiatal.net The link is in the banner ads at the bottom of this page.

didital_mike

Welcome. I dont't know much about software; I thought they were all the same.

Bob

Hi, Bob

If I tell a Printer, to print the letter “A” on my document as first letter, in the first line
Of my document, then I expect that “A” to be right there, at the precise position.

A printer is a printer, it should not matter what width your media is, or what your media is.

It should not matter, if your printer is a Mimaki, an Epson, a Roland or what ever.

I just refuse to be told that if the Printer puts the “A” half way down the page that
” that’s the way it is”.

If I hit my “Brake Pedal” I expect my vehicle to stop.

I don’t care if my Brake Pedal is bolted to a Truck, a Motorcycle, a Car, or a Go-kart.

A Brake Pedal is a Brake Pedal; the function should always be the same.

For me as a Programmer, a printer is a printer.

If I send it a Document, in a file format it can read then it should print it, full stop.

If a $29 Printer can handle it, then a Summa DC3 should handle it as well.

If it can’t, then I might get the $29 toy and by myself a new car with the Change.

best regards

Mike

javila

True, printers are all the same. The way they get the information is the difference.

You need to speak to the RIP software and not to the printer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania, USA.....:unclesam:

.... where we talk English and not code............:Big Laugh