• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hiring a business coach

Stacey K

I like making signs
I had a business coach once, Mr. White. He was the manager who bought the paper to us so we could rubberband them and deliver them out at about 5:30-6am. Every morning rain or shine on my bike at first and with Mr. White I moved up top a Cushman Eagle motorcycle. His coaching told me I could make more money if I took over more routes by buying a faster way to deliver the goods. I was in high school and owning a motorcycle was cool ( "cool" was a good word to use back in the 60s ).
Anyway, I came to find out after a year of the grind of the job and not having fun that Mr. White did not seem to move up the corporate ladder and I realized he did not practice what he preached and him freaking out when I quit and left him with a huge gap in his delivery system, complaints came pouring in for no newspaper by the front door and Mr. White I heard was replaced.
"Practice what you preach" - that's the best thing anyone said on here yet. I would never take advice from anyone who is not more successful than I am (which doesn't take much LOL).

Gnubler, the best thing you can do is befriend someone in your town that is a successful business person and hang out with them. Just talking to these people gets your mind in a "successful" place. Perhaps it means down the road you will buy the building you are in and you become the landlord, building your equity and your business ends up being something you do to pay the bills and the building becomes your retirement plan. IDK - Just saying that business changes all the time and you never know what comes your way. Keep an open mind and always look for additional opportunities. Most people that are wealthy have more than one income stream and they put more energy into those higher paying income streams. It doesn't solve your problem today but you have no idea might come up. You seem to be the kind of girl that is not afraid to tackle anything.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I delivered papers when I was in college for two days. Had to get there at 11pm to stuff the papers with ads, then deliver around 1am and didn't get home till 5or 6am. The brakes on my truck overheated both nights and I quit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just like to know what happened to they/their/them/hisin/herin/urin in the middle hands ??

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They've been there so long, it rubbed them off.

I'm starting to have problems with this gender card thing. I don't have enough pronouns to go round. I'm running out of them. I'm gonna hafta start using adjectives or adverbs or something. Orange/round/skinny/ugly/coyote ugly/brown bag/sh!t house/stoney/tenderloins/pimples/jail feed and need to find about 42 more.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think we can use albino. That's a bit stereotyping. Someone will b!tch.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
S101wordcloud.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're supposed to confer with people when using their name(s) without permission. :covereyes: C'mon seggs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now it looks like that 5lb pile of grey sh!t..................:sleepin: but the color combination is getting better.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kinda, really need the slashes pulled out or replaced with spaces to break it up some more.
Yeah, I like the use of negative or white space, overall. Some of the kerning is awkward, but for a quickie, it'll do. Why aren't any of the words upside down ?? Slow down, like some others need to do and think this through more.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Kinda, really need the slashes pulled out or replaced with spaces to break it up some more.
I'm at work, didn't want to spend that much time on it. I could/should clean it up more for sure though.

here's another one, using a different kind of shortcut. This one is based on this whole thread.

Attachments

• S101wordcloud3.png
    S101wordcloud3.png
    681.4 KB · Views: 136

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
there is not enough TEX in the new version... it should be 50% tex at a minimum.. more than burton and Gino... in fact, leave them off it ... make it all TEX. and make it bigger.. I really want it to "pop" and get attention.