• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

History channel hits program new low

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like dental care is not an included benefit of being on some of these shows.

Pat Whatley

There's a "turtle man" in every town in America. Guys a little off of normal but willing to do anything they can to help somebody or make somebody smile. Say what you want about the guy but everytime I've seen him on TV he's as happy as he could be and loving what he does.

Marlene

what ticks me off is I am so sick of "regular" TV with all the lame shows that I used to enjoy channels like the History channel to get away from all the stupid stuff. now, they have invaded my channel with stuff that makes the "regular" channel look like the Einstein channel.

Bigdawg

Just Me
what ticks me off is I am so sick of "regular" TV with all the lame shows that I used to enjoy channels like the History channel to get away from all the stupid stuff. now, they have invaded my channel with stuff that makes the "regular" channel look like the Einstein channel.

:goodpost:

So now I have to pay for the extra premium History Channels to see the stuff they used to have on the regular History Channel...

how dare they move Ancient Aliens to H2!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What I'd like to know is.... if it was so tough for him to slither in on his belly..... how the heck did they get all that camera equipment and man power in ahead of time without scaring the snake away in the first place ??

Yeah, there are fewer and fewer good stations on television at all anymore. We basically don't watch television any longer for this fact. We tape the movies and stuff we want to watch and do it late at night, when all the errands and other stuff are out of the way.

They even have turned the 'game' channel into a mess. Who's smarter than a 5th grader ?? Give me a frickin' break......

thinksigns

SnowFlake
If you can stream Netflix, they have a ton of great documentaries like what used to be on the History Channel. Just this weekend I watched one on Hiroshima. Fun fact - the pilot named the "Enola Gay" after his mother.

Techman

I dumped the satellite a year ago after another round of 10.00 a month increases.
I put up an antennae and watch all the tv I want for FREE with a reduced number of adverts.
Got sick of the commercials while paying for PREMIUM content.
Got doubly tired of paying extra to use another TV. Now I get all the viewing needed on all the tv's in the house without the nonsense.
We get all the extra content via hulu.com (free) and netflix (9 a month).

We get over 33 channels of digital TV for FREE. My neighbors pulled the plug on cable and sat. as well. IT didn't take long for most of us to see the benefits of using the local tv system just like the good old days.

Marlene

how dare they move Ancient Aliens to H2!!

I love Ancient Aliens! lucky for me, I get both H2 and the other. as much as I love to watch one more dumba$$ drive down an icy road or cut down yet another tree, I just can't watch Swamp People or this new idiot snagging turtles. Pawn Stars, OK sort of, just can't stand the fat dumb guy. the fat bald guy is OK as is the fat old guy. also get sick of really soon watching the Pickers get off over yet another old bike. give me some aliens or some real histoy and I'm happy for the night.

weaselboogie

Same with the Discovery channel. I loved all of the animal documentaries and now its round the clock Douchebag reality shows.

ProWraps

can you say commercials? the average commercial break has gotten to be like 4 minutes long. its getting HORRIBLE.

anotherdog

Now what we need is "the sign guys". A reality tv show about a buncha guys with tatoos, beards and missing teeth who install wild and crazy signage...maybe wearing cowboy hats or bandanas.
Now that would be TV!

Marlene

Bigdawg, this guy??? I think he's hot...but then, I am crazy

Attachments

• cute big hair guy.jpg
    cute big hair guy.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 67

Si Allen

As long as people will watch the crap now being produced ... the more that they will produce.

"Reality" TV is very cheap to produce, compared to quality programs.

Like Techman, I don't watch Network or payTV. Unfortunately, my wife does.

Here in the Los Angeles area ... there are over 100 channels available. So I watch the local news on the regular free channels and PBS programs that don't have a politically correct motive.

If you dislike what is on TV ... change the channel to something worthwhile. If enough people start doing that .... lack of viewers will force them to change.

Baz

I love watching PBS. Really like their American Experience documentaries (that you can watch online for free also!) and Nova. Both really good shows.
Commercials though are getting to the point of me wanting to buy a PVR so then i can record everything in advance so i can skip them.

Just today i learn that ebay has an app so that you will be able to watch a tv program and be able to buy the things you see on the show. Wow ... being able to shop at the same as you are watching tv. Sounds so great :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Marlene

Oh yeah! He's the one :smile:

well of course he is! he's hot! I love his hair and just love to see how big it will be or misshapen it will be.

here's my other favorite hot guy. he is one cute theoretical physicist!

Attachments

• m_kaku.jpg
    m_kaku.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 76

Locals Find!

I love watching PBS. Really like their American Experience documentaries (that you can watch online for free also!) and Nova. Both really good shows.
Commercials though are getting to the point of me wanting to buy a PVR so then i can record everything in advance so i can skip them.

Just today i learn that ebay has an app so that you will be able to watch a tv program and be able to buy the things you see on the show. Wow ... being able to shop at the same as you are watching tv. Sounds so great :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Wow! so someone took the home shopping network at put it on an app! Revolutionary! <gag>