• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

holy cow!

woahdude

howdy folks, im new here. actually new to the banner industry. been in training for a week and now running the solvent printing area by myself for 2 weeks. troubleshooting has been fun! im in charge of a 2 jv3s (currently in pieces, not my fault) hp10000, and a jv5 that im fooling with now. ive read up on the forums a bunch but hope you all dont mind if i ask some dumb questions :banghead:

Pat Whatley

Welcome aboard. You've got to explain how you've been trained for one week and turned loosed with 4 printers to run a solvent printing area all by yourself!

seamles1

New Dude

My name is Art and I work for a local Comunity college, I run the sign shop and paint shop. I do the campus exterior/interior signs, badges etc.
I use an New Herme is6000 engraver and do ADA signage with braile.
I also use a 50" vinyl plotter as well, I go to the sign shows every year and saw a car wrap demo. I want to try it on my f-150. I did buy a 60"x12" of 3m carbon fiber. Should be delivered next week, I was able to get a small sample of brown alligator that I will experiment with soon.
I was a union paperhanger doing comericial work be before I started working at the college. I did get certified as a Autocad draftsman, got a job working for a engineer doing blueprints, but was soon back painting and hanging paper. But the course introduced me to the world of computers, my first 286. Then dx40, after that I built one every couple of months. All the time getting aquinted with Corel and photoshop, getting razzed on the job for bringing signs I made at home. Long story short made a digital cd, nothing new now. But back in 2000 it was a novelty, I had loaded it with a five minute movie and 30 or photos of doing of things
nobody would belive if I hadn't filmed it. More razz for follow workers taking photos of me while working. So I get a job as a painter and like usual bring signs to work with me, wasn't long I was runinng the sign shop. I was at the sign show and bought a Cannon IFP 8000 wide format printer, it looked small at the show, it wasn't. I guess I got bit with graphics, and like making signs. Way too much info, opps! to much coffee. I have a Mac and a dell 8100 and run win 7, a bit of a upgrage from dos and win 3.

AUTO-FX

Hey, that's great Seamles - Welcome to the show!
You realize of course, you're entitled to your own thread!