• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion How do I know if I am really Successful ?

Jeremiah

This is a Business forum. People are also talking about borrowing $150,000.00 $45,000.00 loans in order to succeed. Tennessee Ernie sang, I sold my soul to the company store. People younger than 50 won't understand that one.

rjssigns

My definition of success: Being able to "fire" myself in the middle of a busy day and take the dog to the beach.

Life is an extremely finite resource. Much too precious to waste working all the time or worrying about how many jobs it takes to keep the doors swinging.

Take time with family and friends to build memories. In the end it's all you'll have left.

Johnny Best

I look at success as a chain of events, like most of you have written about.
But in the case like Jeffrey Dahmer being one of the most successful despicable people who successfully cut his victims up and even ate parts of them. Then the successful police detectives who arrested him and the successful DA who won the case and put him in jail. Then the inmate who successfully killed him in jail. Everyone was successful except in the case of his victims who did not become successful in getting away from him.
Hope I was successful in getting my point across on how meaningless it is to think you have to be successful, unless you cross paths with a guy like Dahmer, then I wish you success.

Jun Lanon

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objective, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objective, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Jun Lanon 2020 - Make America Confusing Again

Reveal1

If you like getting up, going to work and you are happy. These are the only things that matters.
For some. But I would define success as the world being at least a little better place for having been in it. One example; our veterans who did what they felt compelled to do, even though they may not have enjoyed it and may have sacrificed their freedom, health , life or even our gratitude for doing it.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My definition of success: Being able to "fire" myself in the middle of a busy day...

Yep...and especially when it's been a real crappy day at that. My grand kids are pretty good therapy for fixing that problem.

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I hadda cut the grass last night and then do the trimming. I felt tired and p!ssed that my regular grass cutting guy punked out on me. Took me a total of 4.5 hours. I couldn't cut the back part around our garden, ca use we had so much rain and I didn't wanna get stuck. So, maybe tonight, I can put another hour or so in it.

Nope, didn't feel successful after cutting the grass, unless saving some money and using MY free time is considered successful

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I hadda cut the grass last night and then do the trimming. I felt tired and p!ssed that my regular grass cutting guy punked out on me. Took me a total of 4.5 hours. I couldn't cut the back part around our garden, ca use we had so much rain and I didn't wanna get stuck. So, maybe tonight, I can put another hour or so in it.

Nope, didn't feel successful after cutting the grass, unless saving some money and using MY free time is considered successful

Takes me two hours to cut our tiny little yard...half of the time is trimming and the other half spent starting the lawn mower. Two lawn guys do it in 15 minutes for under $30. Those guys are pros.