• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How long would it take you????

SignManiac

Signmeup, I like it with the contrast bumped up! I think today I realized that I am a addict, a tweaker...

Jill, what is the script in your first version for Port Author and Now Buying?????

Tim Aucoin

Okay, this ought to give you guys a good laugh over the weekend! I'm don't claim to be a designer, but thought "what the heck"!! Done in Photoshop in about a half hour.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone... and a good chuckle at my design!!:ROFLMAO: WARNING.... You'll need your shades!

Attachments

• Port-Author-Recycling.gif
    Port-Author-Recycling.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 136

SignManiac

Tim no laughter necessary. I respect and admire your willingness to participate and put yourself out there. It's real easy to sit back on your a$$ and keep doing nothing to better yourself. My hope it to show others who might be struggling with design, the numerous options and ways to design your way to better pricing and profits. Thank you for taking the time to show what you can do.

And by the way, your design isn't bad at all!

Flame

Alright, handled it like a regular sign job. Customer gets the first 15 minutes of design for free, anything beyond that and a revision or two and we start billing for artwork.

So this is the initial mockup, took me right at 10 minutes, nothing amazing but I tried to treat it like a regular job coming in.

Attachments

• port author.jpg
    port author.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 122

SignManiac

Jhilldesigns, not a disaster at all! I like the subtle recycling symbol in the background. Very subliminal!

Day Sign Co... :) interesting what a few beers can do to loosen up your mind. Interesting approach. Distinctively different from all the others. Just goes to show how wide apart designs can be.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Quickie in Photoshop in about 12 minutes. It took longer to type it in than anything else.

I like green and it's slowly fading away................
port author.jpg :wavingflag:

SignManiac

Gino, it definitely forces you to read the message....MONEY!
But you lost me on the bottom???? Is that Chinese and if so, what's it mean?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's cryptic for we're losing the battle over here. All of our scrap is going overseas and that's who is really making the money. We're slowly fading away................

p3

Exactly 8 mins and 37 seconds. Kinda sloppy, but obviously cause there wasn't much time spent on it.

saktrnch

Here's one I did this morning, but didn't have time to post it. It took me about 45 to 50 minutes in illy cs4.
I know I left out 'now buying' because I thought it was redundant. I thought if one was paying top dollar they would be buying...

Attachments

• Port-Auther.jpg
    Port-Auther.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 114

SignManiac

Good point. I think it's up to all of us to edit where we feel necessary for whatever our reasons are. This is a good case in point. Not necessary to always be so literal....

rjpjr

11 minute Hudson Square rebuild in Illustrator...

Port Arthor....grrr... I had an idea and wanted to build the top of a beverage can and incorporate a recycling effect around that can. The can top took about 45 minutes. Unfortunately the design DID NOT come together as I had envisioned and it took more time then it should have. After spending the time on the can, I WAS GOING TO FIND A WAY TO USE IT. I ended up spending more than two hours total on this dumb project.

Attachments

• Hudson-square-time-test.jpg
    Hudson-square-time-test.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Port-Author-4'x8'.jpg
    Port-Author-4'x8'.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Thanks for playing you guys! You both are very good designers and it's reassuring to see that it's not always an easy task to whip up a great design at the snap of a finger.

Some days it just happens, and on others, it can be truly frustrating. This design challenge sure proves one thing, there's more than one way to fillet a feline!

Thanks again to everyone who has played thus far.... Please keep them coming no matter what you ability is. We all can learn something from all the different ideas that we come up with..

Last edited:

rjpjr

15 minute time limit...

Attachments

• Port-Author-4'x8'-2.jpg
    Port-Author-4'x8'-2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Port-Author-4'x8'-3.jpg
    Port-Author-4'x8'-3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 92