• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How many times...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So many members here don't have a clue as to the rules and policies around here ?? It's one thing to bend the rules or even break them without knowing, but all these members who are hawking their wares without permission and are reminded of it time and time again.

How 'bout a 2 strike method for that violation ??

It's the beginning of a new year, so perhaps we could ALL make some provisions to be better members.

Personally, I'd like to see all the free-loaders/free-loading stopped. Let's ALL start reporting these people and nip it in the bud, once and for all.

:thankyou:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's become something running rampant in the last year or so. People having total disregard for Merchant Members and step all over the policies of s101 and just hawk their wares at any given chance. People from around the world, people right here in our country and old members, as well as new members......... all doing it.

Sure people are smacked for saying something condescending..... and even banned, but these people are disobeying the rules and policies left and right and see no penalties..... that I know of. Sure, it doesn't matter what I know or don't know what happens to these people, but I can at least do my part and report them when/wherever I see it taking place.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
It's become something running rampant in the last year or so. People having total disregard for Merchant Members and step all over the policies of s101 and just hawk their wares at any given chance. People from around the world, people right here in our country and old members, as well as new members......... all doing it.

Sure people are smacked for saying something condescending..... and even banned, but these people are disobeying the rules and policies left and right and see no penalties..... that I know of. Sure, it doesn't matter what I know or don't know what happens to these people, but I can at least do my part and report them when/wherever I see it taking place.

I rarely post on Signs 101...but if I see someone looking for a solution and I've got it, am I breaking a rule by posting "I've got product XXX that will solve the problem you are working on". Or are you referring to people just posting products for sale in general?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a moderator or admin could step in here and point you in the correct direction with the policy rules and etiquette, but you are EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

This type of procedure for some reason was kept in line for all my years here, until recently. It seems if you wanna hawk your wares, then get a Merchant Member membership and do it by the forums own rules..... not what you think.

This is not a tongue lashing meant towards you, but all the people who believe, as you do. People selling supplies, equipment, screen printing or digital printing to the trade...... but WITHOUT a license here.

It's wrong and that bugs the sh!t outta me. more than most other things. Most other things.

At least a big :thankyou: for coming clean. Most people resort to PMing people about this kinda stuff to fly under the radar.​

WildWestDesigns

I haven't noticed this to be a serious problem. Am I missing something Gino?

This was one reason why I stopped my MM service here.

Some are overtly in a public post about it, some try to steer the person to the PM system to do it.

"I've got product XXX that will solve the problem you are working on". Or are you referring to people just posting products for sale in general?

I don't know what would trigger action from the mods/owner here, but speaking as a former MM, what would trigger me would be what's in bold. For some, both may trigger it, so I can only speak of what would trigger it for me.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Forgive me but what exactly are u referring to again? "hawking their wares" is gibberish to me. Using Signs101 to sell equipment and what not? I don't want to be a rule breaker. I haven't put anything up for sale or to give away items here. I have posted about employment though. By doing that I hope I haven't broken rules. I've also posted recommendations for various products.
p.s. not a Merchant Member

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hawking their wares......... very simple. It's not gibberish, not at all. To hawk one's wares is simply selling their products (regardless of what the product is) anywhere and anyway they can by aggressive people, which in this case do not have proper membership to do so. I'm not sure on employment, that might be allowed, but it's not what I'm talking about, anyway. Whether one is going outta business and needs to sell things or someone answering someone's request for needing something..... anything...... you are stepping on Merchant Member's toes, who have paid dearly for the opportunity to do so, within these walls of s101. Don't confuse it with hocking which is pawning off stuff, not selling without authority. Do you know what pawning is ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know I mentioned it, but just wanna reiterate...... old members are doing this..... who should really know better.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I usually report them directly to the respective company when I see it.
I send a copy of the links or the posts to the software company.

WildWestDesigns

Attachments

• 3M.png
    3M.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 255

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is 3M a merchant member? I see people recommending their products all the time. Might be time to crack down.

While 3M is a paying member, in case you didn't understand, it's when non-paying members or non paying Merchant Members come on and try to sell or push their product(s). It's just not fair to those who pay for the privilege to do it. Kinda simple. There are many things which need some fixing around here, but that is the lamest disrespect in my opinion going on presently within these walls.

DerbyCitySignGuy

While 3M is a paying member, in case you didn't understand, it's when non-paying members or non paying Merchant Members come on and try to sell or push their product(s). It's just not fair to those who pay for the privilege to do it. Kinda simple. There are many things which need some fixing around here, but that is the lamest disrespect in my opinion going on presently within these walls.

I understood, but it's also technically against the rules to shill for another company.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya can't always prove that one, so no sense even going there. Only the admins can figure that out for sure.

With that kinda thinking, then no one can muster up any answers without p!ssing somebody off.​

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Anything that is reported by users that is of this nature, I will delete as soon as I see it in the moderation list if they are not a merchant.
I occasionally spot a rogue one and will remove also. Keep reporting and I'll keep removing. We're trying to keep the place as clean as we can, but we don't have eyes everywhere so reporting is your best option to make it visible to us.

ikarasu

I think the main point of the post is to have some kind of infraction system.

Break the rule once... Get an infraction. Twice... 24 hour suspension. Third time.. Your put, etc.

I do see A lot of people offering their services when they're not a member.. I don't know if it's the same people or not, I usually just ignore it.

It's stupid... It costs $400 a year, or $1500 for a lifetime merchant membership... If you want to sell your items, especially wholesale to other companies... That's peanuts. I'm here to Learn, maybe spread some.of..the little knowledge I know. But if I wanted to try to make money in a professional capacity off s101, $400 a year is nothing. There really isn't a good excuse to try and skirt passed the rules when it doesn't cost much in the first place.

Johnny Best

It does not bother me to see someone "hawking their wares" its the internet. But I noticed when someone with no clue asked about doing ADA signs for themselves or what vinyl or printer to use and people will respond saying their company does that sort of thing and pm me for more information or direct them to their website. That to me is the meaning of "hawking your wares", but again that is just part of the communication and helpfulness on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.