• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How much does a logo need to be changed to use

Bigdawg

Just Me
We're talking politics, because he's asking about a well known politician who was gonna use this logo and he's modeling his new one after hers which never materialized.

Besides, having someone sign a waiver is crazy. That will not protect you from anything, anywhere for any situation. It just puts off getting blamed. All that means is, you know it to be right or wrong and placing the responsibility onto the other person, who came to you as representing a professional. If you can't do the task, then tell them. Grow some gonads and tell them either you can or you can't do this for whatever particular reason and move on. Otherwise, you're just playing politics in the worst way, by acting like an incompetent fool........ most politicians.

No we weren't talking politics, so why did you have to make it about politics? Because you can now? Maybe a helpful answer (as some provided) would be more appropriate on a sign forum. Or is this the future of the board?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No we weren't talking politics, so why did you have to make it about politics? Because you can now? Maybe a helpful answer (as some provided) would be more appropriate on a sign forum. Or is this the future of the board?

I did give helpful insight, you just don't like it. Not my fault, just another difference between us, so don't be busting my chops because your girl lost. The OP was indeed talking about a political logo and used by the infamous losing Hillary. How is that not about politics ?? You'd hafta be under a rock for the last 6 years not to think her name would not be surrounded by some kinda political slant. Just because I used some adjectives about the original source and used some terminology that bites your tuckus does not equate to discussing/talking politics. For eight years, everyone had to become PC to the point we couldn't discuss a thing...... anywhere. That will now change, as we don't have a thinned skinned person running the show. You'll call that something negative, I'm sure, but there are always two sides to a story and then there is the truth. No one ever discusses the truth, but their own puny side of the story.

As for the future of the board, as you discuss on Facebook and other such places, this place will be whatever direction eon takes it. You, along with others, have many times mentioned things change and time moves forward. Don't be locked into a single course and not be able to get out of the way when progress pushes you aside. Roll with the punches or get outta the way. The future of this site is like anything else in life...... it is what YOU make it. Either shut up and b!tch when you see a chance or make things great again. Sound familiar ??

Johnny Best

Someone made a font with it. Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 2.07.32 PM.jpg

Bigdawg

Just Me
I did give helpful insight, you just don't like it. Not my fault, just another difference between us, so don't be busting my chops because your girl lost. The OP was indeed talking about a political logo and used by the infamous losing Hillary. How is that not about politics ?? You'd hafta be under a rock for the last 6 years not to think her name would not be surrounded by some kinda political slant. Just because I used some adjectives about the original source and used some terminology that bites your tuckus does not equate to discussing/talking politics. For eight years, everyone had to become PC to the point we couldn't discuss a thing...... anywhere. That will now change, as we don't have a thinned skinned person running the show. You'll call that something negative, I'm sure, but there are always two sides to a story and then there is the truth. No one ever discusses the truth, but their own puny side of the story.

As for the future of the board, as you discuss on Facebook and other such places, this place will be whatever direction eon takes it. You, along with others, have many times mentioned things change and time moves forward. Don't be locked into a single course and not be able to get out of the way when progress pushes you aside. Roll with the punches or get outta the way. The future of this site is like anything else in life...... it is what YOU make it. Either shut up and b!tch when you see a chance or make things great again. Sound familiar ??

And this is why I said no to your offer to work with you on that other project. Yes things change Gino. Not all for the good.

Johnny Best

Written over 50 years ago by Bob Dylan, rings true today.
Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's the battle outside raging
It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changing

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And this is why I said no to your offer to work with you on that other project. Yes things change Gino. Not all for the good.

I never knew you turned it down. You said you'd call, but never did. I guess I had you figured wrong. That's Okay. I guess a 'No SHow' means FU in your language. Sorry. Now I understand. Believe me, you can say whatever ya want to me, I can take it. You don't hafta pretend things are alright.

Johnny Best

Gino, you need to start your talks with Bigdawg with "My little cabbage" like bob did when he was talking to Marlene the other day. Things will go smoother. Just a suggestion, no politics involved.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I never knew you turned it down. You said you'd call, but never did. I guess I had you figured wrong. That's Okay. I guess a 'No SHow' means FU in your language. Sorry. Now I understand. Believe me, you can say whatever ya want to me, I can take it. You don't hafta pretend things are alright.

It is alright Gino. You are who you are. I am who I am (maybe a little cabbage?). I didn't say FU but if you want to take it that way, it's okay. And what I said to you was, no but I would consider it and get back with you. You are totally correct that I should have called you back when I knew what the final answer was. Very bad form on my end in treating someone I used to be friends with like that. You did deserve better.

But ultimately you have proven that it was the right call. I wish you and the Goddess only good things Gino. Always. No ill will on this side - since Jeff died I don't have the energy or effort to worry about what others think of me. Life is way too short. So I'll keep being my rose-colored-glasses-wearing, liberal leaning, can't-we-all-just-be-happy hippie self and you keep being you. :peace!:

AKwrapguy

I would try to talk the client out of it. You can express to him that you're not sure of the legal issues regarding the logo, the fact that it will date his logo, that it could possible affect his business in unforeseen ways negative or positive, that it's just kind of uncreative and lazy and that if he's serious about his business than he needs to have a logo that properly represents that... or something to that extent.

it's getting to the point that any ******* can jump on a computer and throw something together. I feel that designing logos for people should be taken seriously. I come from a branding/marketing background and what a lot of smaller or local business forget is that their logo is the first introduction to the client and should be treated as such.

MikePro

from the wiki:
"this image only consists of simple geometric shapes or text. It does not meet the threshold of originality needed for copyright protection"

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Here are a couple I came up with if you need some inspiration.... you're welcome :wink::wink:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.48.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.48.19 PM.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 177