• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To Bond Jewelite

MikePro

noted for the recommendation for SCIGRIP Weld-On 3, is intended to be used for bonding Jewelite to Acrylic.
If you're using polycarbonate, however, SCIGRIP Weld-On 58 is a two-part Urethane epoxy that will do the trick.

I realize a few of you are being helpful, I see you giving answers to some very basic questions in multiple threads and I shake my head every time I see these kinds of posts.

Don't you think that the most basic questions asked might be the most dangerous?

The electric sign industry is still a trade, it's not a google or forum learning trade school.

How do you now if he wasn't the person who did this job in the first place and why a poly-carb face sailed in the air like a guillotine in a wind storm?

Not saying that he was the person, but basic as the question is to us, your answer comes with no discipline gained/earned on his part, and what comes with that discipline.

I can see if the question was "..what has been the best result for bonding Poly-carb to trim cap...a two part epoxy...channel bond...or using typical 16 Weld-On?" At least it sounds like the person has been around in the trade and we need to break them out of bad habits of using Weld-on 16 for bonding poly-carb.

The other part is, you're killing the market for other shops in a another area. Ask yourself......would you answer these questions for a local sign guy who shows up at your business?

I don't know the structure but a 2'x8', in who knows the wind conditions does not sound safe for a trim capped face, probably a metal retainer

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Update.. I used channel bond and everything worked nicely.

Correction though, its was a 1x8 not a 2x8. Its a rectangle sign face, not a letter. My employee built a temp wood frame to go all around it to push the jewelite firm.

spectrum maine

We all learned somewhere. When i bought my used cnc router i had not training whatsoever. I went on utube & a bunch of forums & learned that way. It was a hard road, but now i know it inside & out. The internet is the most valuable tool in the toolbox. Just dont believe everything you read haha.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
xZGcy3ebovjKVDSs8