• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to design a showroom

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Interesting tidbit o' trivia about your link there, Rick. The guy who started the company used to be a sign guy at Disney.

I heard Dave was. They were also salesmen/project managers for a sign shop where they would frequent the office and we would throw bids their way, they were really good, nice guys to work with.... one day they told me about their venture. I thought it was slightly on the crackpot side but it sounded like fun. Very cool that they pulled it off, they deserve the success... Did you ever see the TV show "WINGNUTS" on Discovery... that was them.

Jon Aston

Flamester: You do realize that you are going to have to post pics, right?

PS...
Lighting is everything. You can give the place (and samples) a very dramatic feel by painting everything in the top 4' of your shop matte black and using real spotlights. Make it look like the hotrod garage museum.

Pat Whatley

Did you ever see the TV show "WINGNUTS" on Discovery... that was them.

Watched it religiously when it was on, I'm shocked they're actually still in business. I always wanted to do a table from a wing.....right up until I found out what salvaged aircraft parts went for. I decided to stick with MDF.

Border

Where am I gonna be getting the said hotrod? If I had the cash for a hotrod I'd be driving it every morning to work!!!! :toasting:

Rent out the space as " cheap storage" for someone else's project rod...Maybe one that doesn't see much, if any street time.
win/win situation!

SignManiac

Flame, since you will be moving to a new location in two years, I would just keep it on the cheap. Run two rows of horizontal slat wall across for a total of 8' high display area. I used z-clips to hang everything and you could take samples down real easy for the client to get a close up, hands on look. Then finish off the remaining top with rusted corrugated metal run on a vertical. You can buy it from Home Depot. We use a lot of it and rust it our selves. I think we use muriatic acid, spray it on and let it set outside for a few days. Wear a respirator, the fumes are bad.

See if you are able to paint the ceiling tiles a navy blue or your color of choice, and the baseboard trim to match. That's what I used when I had a retail store. It looks classy and is cheap to do.

Attachments

• Flame.jpg
    Flame.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Flame-01.jpg
    Flame-01.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 69
  • Flame-02.jpg
    Flame-02.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 77

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Flamey.......

Why not post up a picture or two of what the canvas looks like to get started ??

phototec

Go rad, get an old car cut in half at the junk yard, and wrap it!

Also, don't for get the floor graphics!

:wavingflag:

Attachments

• Half Car.jpg
    Half Car.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Half Car2.jpg
    Half Car2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 53
  • retail floor graphics.jpg
    retail floor graphics.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 79

signswi

Great topic and conversation. Don't forget to do a showroom refresh every few years just like the rest of your brand. It's too easy to start looking tired or out of date if you don't stay on top of it.