• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions How to make a custom mirror

Z SIGNS

Very nice.
Reverse mirror or clear makes a beautiful sign.
I love the look of reverse gold leaf with painted outlines and translucent shadows.
Why not weed the vinyl before you stick it?

Happy Gilder

Very nice.
Reverse mirror or clear makes a beautiful sign.
I love the look of reverse gold leaf with painted outlines and translucent shadows.
Why not weed the vinyl before you stick it?

Thanks very much!
I used to weed the vinyl before applying, but I find it much easier when it's stuck to the surface.

ikarasu

Good video, I'll subscribe and keep an eye on it!

1 suggestion though - If you're going to be using music... Normalize the audio so it's at the same level as your voice. Everytime I heard you I had to crank the volume up... and then comes the sound and I had to lower it a lot.

Happy Gilder

Good video, I'll subscribe and keep an eye on it!

1 suggestion though - If you're going to be using music... Normalize the audio so it's at the same level as your voice. Everytime I heard you I had to crank the volume up... and then comes the sound and I had to lower it a lot.

Thanks very much!
I've since ordered a microphone so hopefully all of my vids from now will be more balanced :)

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Nice video mate. we’ve actually experimented with mirror before.
we’ve printed on the glass and got the glass mirrored and we got the finish like you did except it was printed.
There was a little more to the process than just printing but really cool when finished.

we don’t offer it as a product yet as the mirroring process needs to be outsourced and travelling though to many hands gets complex and prone to damage.

Keep up the good work!

Happy Gilder

Nice video mate. we’ve actually experimented with mirror before.
we’ve printed on the glass and got the glass mirrored and we got the finish like you did except it was printed.
There was a little more to the process than just printing but really cool when finished.

we don’t offer it as a product yet as the mirroring process needs to be outsourced and travelling though to many hands gets complex and prone to damage.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much!!
I've experimented with screen printing on glass and gilding over the top, but I've never successfully silvered a mirror.
I've got the chemicals & the silver nitrate but it's never worked. Must be missing something...

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thanks very much!!
I've experimented with screen printing on glass and gilding over the top, but I've never successfully silvered a mirror.
I've got the chemicals & the silver nitrate but it's never worked. Must be missing something...

It looks simple, but never tried it

We've printed a few, logos and stuff. maybe something to look at further developing again. We're just flat out at the moment to play around unfortunately.