• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make Swooshes in Flexi?

American & Proud

Detailed instructions can be found right next to the manual on how to pour piss out of a boot.

Thanks bob, but my question was Not, "What does bob pour on his breakfast cereal in the mornings?" Answer= Piss out of his boots. But now we know. :thumb:

Brandon708

with the Bezier Path Tool.

BTW this is the first time I saw you post. It looks like we are pretty close to each other.:thumb:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I only use Illustrator so I don't know the name of an equivalent "subtract" function, but maybe the attached visual will get you started

Attachments

• swoosh.jpg
    swoosh.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 81

Brandon708

I only use Illustrator so I don't know the name of an equivalent "subtract" function, but maybe the attached visual will get you started

In Flexi you would use the weld function "cut out" for that method.

You can also make a rectangle and do a distort to it. There are many different ways to make swooshes. It just depends on what kind you want to make.

American & Proud

Thanks guys, I will give those a try here.

I am not using a swoosh for anything at the moment, I just wanted to learn how to do it.

I am in the Oak Lawn area Brandon. I got 122 posts here now.

I read Alot here more than posting, I did use the search for this but came up empty so I thought i'd ask.

I have the Flexi Training DVD's and it wasn't covered on them either.
Bought my Flexi Pro from Beacon Graphics, so it is Legit.

JR's

Detailed instructions can be found right next to the manual on how to pour piss out of a boot.

Hay, Bob I still cant fined (How to pour pi$$ out of a boot) I think this would be good to know when your standing up for long periods of time designing. hahar thats why I cant fined it I'm looking in Signlabs manual.

;-}

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: JR

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The instructions for pouring piss out of a boot are printed on the heel...I thought everybody knew that.

American & Proud

Thank you Brandon and Eric.

I played around and made some practice swooshes with both of your guys help.

:thankyou:I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Swooshes-Thanks.jpg
    Swooshes-Thanks.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 95

signmeup

I have been chuckling (and periodically cracking up) over this since yesterday. I near fell off my chair from post #13. Actually practiced cutting one elipse out of another!?! And then posted it! Priceless!

iSign

everybody ain't born gilding incised lettering, and hand carving dragons... so now you know how the "other half" lives.... having to ask questions, learn new skills, and spend time working with new tools to become proficient... and having the humility to put in that time, and the self esteem to be comfortable sharing that here... THAT is "priceless"!

Chuckling about it is "Cheap" Those who act superior are a dime a dozen

signage

At least this person came back and showed those that helped them that he did learn something. We have a lot on here that asks and never show that they learned or used the information.

SAS

Hey that's not nice.... people shouldn't have to worry about how simple or "easy to some" their question is.... Sure it's a joke to you but this person actually wanted to learn how to do this...and now they have. Isn't that the whole purpose of this site?

I've asked some basic questions about programs I'm not familiar with and had great advice and responses...if someone were to ridicule me about the simplicity of my question I would probably crawl back into my hole of inexperience. :cool:

I agree this is what makes this forum great it's full of new post every time I log on, if people are afraid to post a question because someone else may think it's stupid then the forum will go to crap fast.

Last edited by a moderator: