• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how would you guys produce this job?

max

Hello everyone. i am hoping some of you guys would give me your opinion on how i should produce this job. it has a mess of 2 color lettering (black lettering with white outline). it is an awful lot to print and contour cut.
but it is also an awful lot to cut out of black vinyl and white vinyl and then have to layer everything on the install...:banghead: its all going on a tanker truck.

so how would you all produce this job? thanks sooo much for any advice!!!!

Attachments

• bacter tanker trailer ready to cut 3.26.13.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 148

MikePro

i'm a big fan of print/cut when it comes to dual colored lettering
...you're still doubling your materials (print/lam) but you minimize your labor when it comes to layering the vinyl.

max

its hauling grease trap waste....
the thing i hate the most about print/cut is that on prints this big it really gets tough to get the contour cut consistent.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Judging by the file attached by the OP showing what the tanker is hauling in english... it's hauling food industry waste... grease trap gibblits and what-not

Thanks, I really didn't read all that stuff. :Oops:

In that case, since it's not fuels or chemicals and only treated sewage, I'd print and go for less material costs, labor and just ease of doing.

Robert Boyd

print and cut in at least 4 seperate sections - I would probably do more sections
to make sure there is better registration on the white outline.
Nothing worse than a reprint and lam because the registration is off.

FatCat

the thing i hate the most about print/cut is that on prints this big it really gets tough to get the contour cut consistent.

Any reason you can't break it up into 3 or 4 smaller pieces? Much easier to handle and keep your cutting consistent.

veloxgraphics

its hauling grease trap waste....

Obviously you'd have to do it in sections, not the entire length at once... but looking at your layout the URL seems to be the longest... guessing around 100" give or take. If you're using a Roland that will suck (i use a roland :banghead:) so i see your desire to not unload media, lam, and contour cut.