• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy all

jjdemu

Hi all from Granite City,IL.
Little background I pick up a free hp 5500 ps 60 inch that was in a flood just bottom part actually got wet. So not as bad as you would think. I took it apart the whole machine and cleaned it, only thing that was actually shot was the power supply. I replaced some caps, regulators and some resisters along with other parts that was bad and could only get the low voltage to come out and higher voltage was still out. This was enough to at least get the motherboard running and looks like the power supply is the only thing wrong with it. I played around with it for a few months when I had free time and finally just bit the bullet and order a power supply on eBay. So hopefully when the power supply gets here I can see if that is the only thing. At least all the uv ink is over half way filled so I should be able to make some test prints and see if any print heads are shot. I know it is a old machine but figure it be worth it at the end.

Suz

Hello from the Great Northwest!

Good luck as you restore your hp 5500 machine! I picked up a Commercial embroidery machine a few years ago that had been in a flood, damaged at the base of the machine and some missing parts. Replaced parts and repaired, it has been a work horse ever since, has been a good money maker for me. Anyhow, how it works out that way for you too! :)