• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How's business?

neato

Design work screeched to a grinding halt so far this month. Seems like a lot of my customers are slow or dead. Is this the quiet before the storm?

SD&F

I think that is the case. We hit a lull for a few weeks actually and then it hit pretty hard for a couple of days. I think that next month will be great...GOOD LUCK

Circleville Signs

We've actually been SLAMMED. Last quarter of '11 was TERRIBLE. However we just beat our best ever January by over 200%, and February hasn't slowed down too much...

WildWestDesigns

I'm about average right now. The first 3 months of the new year tend to be slow for me anyway, so I'm not too worried (yet).

klemgraphics

Always busy here too, last year was the best year I have had yet and this year is starting off just as good or better than last year.

Joe Diaz

We do a lot of semi truck work. In a bad economy these guys seem to get hit hard early on. It makes sense right? Less goods to be transported around. They tighten their belts and that means they stop buying new trucks. With no new trucks, that means less truck work for us. We went from 4 or 5 trucks a week to about 2 trucks a month, if we were lucky.

We had to really focus on becoming more diverse and trying new things to survive. Our shop has survived a rough economy more than once and it looks as though it will survive this one too, because things are beginning to look good.... real good. Truck drivers are buying new trucks again. We just started a great business relationship with a nearby truck dealer. They say business is coming back strong for them too.

Just last week we had 2 really nice large jobs walk in that should keep us pretty busy this spring and summer, but for us the truck work is our bread and butter. As long as we have a nice steady supply of truck work, we'll do just fine.

HulkSmash

We do a lot of semi truck work. In a bad economy these guys seem to get hit hard early on. It makes sense right? Less goods to be transported around. They tighten their belts and that means they stop buying new trucks. With no new trucks, that means less truck work for us. We went from 4 or 5 trucks a week to about 2 trucks a month, if we were lucky.

We had to really focus on becoming more diverse and trying new things to survive. Our shop has survived a rough economy more than once and it looks as though it will survive this one too, because things are beginning to look good.... real good. Truck drivers are buying new trucks again. We just started a great business relationship with a nearby truck dealer. They say business is coming back strong for them too.

Just last week we had 2 really nice large jobs walk in that should keep us pretty busy this spring and summer, but for us the truck work is our bread and butter. As long as we have a nice steady supply of truck work, we'll do just fine.

Hey joe, want to design my billbored :)

SignManiac

So far this year up until today, I have work sold and scheduled to produce that equals last years entire gross. Will be moving to a larger building in two months and expect to add an additional ten employees before the end of this year. It's been like this for the past six months so business is good. We will be adding new products this year and quite possibly start a wholesale division.

neato

Listening to you guys makes me want to get back into signs sometimes. The grass is always greener...

:)

signswi

January was our best ever January, February feels slow for me (design wise) but it's not slow overall, lots of work on the floor.

Letterbox Mike

We're looking to hire 2-3 people right now. The Ohio economy must be doing above average... Had a fairly slow first half of January which is to be expected but then the flood gates opened and we've been burried ever since. Already quoted enough work to keep us busy into fall (not sure what we'll do if it all gets the green light at once...)

HulkSmash

We're looking to hire 2-3 people right now. The Ohio economy must be doing above average... Had a fairly slow first half of January which is to be expected but then the flood gates opened and we've been burried ever since. Already quoted enough work to keep us busy into fall (not sure what we'll do if it all gets the green light at once...)

isn't that typically the case....? Everything gets approved at once.. i know it is here.. hate it.