• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love signs

JC

Well,

THEY had the two magic ingredients that makes a successful business...
1. Money
2. Brains

It takes lotsa money to startup & run a business. Just because the owners don't know how to apply vinyl to MDO doesn't mean that they don't know what they were doing.

They were smart enough to HIRE someone to do the $20/hr work, while they focused on the $100/hr work. Smart businessmen HIRE the talent that they don't have themselves.

Talented workers have the mechanical knowledge to do the work, but not the practical knowledge to manage a business & cashflow. They frequently also are woefully under capitalized to "weather the storm" for a year or two while they learn the ropes.

You'll do well if you run your business well...just applying decals well isn't enough.

Best of luck to you & welcome to S-101

I agree partly...but....since you don't know the people I have delt with in the past I still feel strong about what I posted. I can't begin to tell the horrible in your face mistakes some of these guys made...I watched a huge ware house type sign outfit go down in a matter of months from when it was started.....cutting corners killed them....as well as disrespect of employees..

On a smaller scale....I watched my old boss put a note on a customers vehicle telling him to "just finish up the rivet work" and then he proceeded to shut down shop and leave. Guess who had to deal with the pissed off customer when he came to pick up the vehicle.

What I'm saying over all is....of course the money is nice....but.... I RESPECT AND LOVE THE CRAFT OF SIGN MAKING....remember it is an art form!!!!

:thumb:

GP

Clowns scare me...my buddy has a group picture with John Wayne Gacy at his childhood birthday party.

That said, welcome from SC

JC

JC in the hizouse...

Welcome from NJ

NJ born and raised.....NJ is where I fell in love with signs....my first shop

Props go out to American Display....Whitehouse NJ.....They taught me so much there...

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes!!!!

:thankyou::signs101: