• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator tools vanished!

iSign

you can also use Window/Workspace/[default] this will return all palletes to their original locations

WOW!!! THAT IS SUCH A GREAT FEATURE!!!

When I use Windows "remote desktop" to access my office computer from home, my widescreen HDTV (that I use for a monitor with my laptop at home) ends up screwing with all my pallettes in Illustrator and Photoshop... I just checked out Window>Workspace>[default] , and saw "save workspace"... so now I got my proper workspace saved... that will save me time almost everyday!! THANKS!

After 15 years of using Illustrator, it's sick how much stuff I don't know. Of course a lot of stuff like that wasn't there before, but even using version 9 I know I could learn a trick a day all year if I just asked people here about all the things that drive me nuts with the program.

I'll ask one, since there may be a few more Illustrator pros checking in:

I have my accumulation of fonts forming into 2 different alphabetical sequences based on all the uninstalling & reinstalling of fonts that's been going on, and whatever other nonsensical illogical mind-of-their-own forces are at play... is there some way to correct them back into one alphebetical arrangement?

..and along the same lines... I used to just delete the AIprefs file, but now I can no longer find such a file?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
welll, I can always fly over to Maui and show you some stuff on Illy...after the beach and the hangover wears off....just let me sleep inder the weeding table....

iSign

I have my accumulation of fonts forming into 2 different alphabetical sequences based on all the uninstalling & reinstalling of fonts that's been going on, and whatever other nonsensical illogical mind-of-their-own forces are at play... is there some way to correct them back into one alphebetical arrangement?

..and along the same lines... I used to just delete the AIprefs file, but now I can no longer find such a file?

OK Rick,
gimmee these two free, just to prove you're worth the weeding table, & then we can negotiate :Big Laugh

Rick

OK Rick,
gimmee these two free, just to prove you're worth the weeding table, & then we can negotiate :Big Laugh

Well, I can't answer those 2...can I at least sleep in the dumpster...

geedub

isign; you have all your fonts in windows/fonts right?

why not copy them to a different directory, delete them, then reinstall all of them?

iSign

hmm... sort of an interesting idea. There are 62 fonts that need to never be deleted though, so that makes your idea more complicated. I think I may try posting this question in an Adobe forum first, but your idea has some merit... but it would also lead to my problem recurring because I will always have to add & subtract fonts.

Rick

I looked on the Adobe forum beause it does it to me...I only did a search so got no answer...it's not doing it now.

geedub

You mean the standard windows fonts? I do believe they will delete. I have done this before for some reason, can't remember and I know it doesn't screw anything up. How many fonts do you have? On most of the machines I'm working on I have around 3000.