• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Im a NOOB

swampstander

Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I signed up yeterday and spent all afternoon and evening reading and learning. I am amazed at the wealth of information here and how freely it is given. I am new to the sign making business. I bought a 24in vinyl cutter on ebay about 9 months ago to help my wife in her scrap booking business and to generate a little extra income. I have made some small stickers and a few odds and ends. All of my friends have new window stickers on their cars for their sons soccer team or our wine tasting club etc. I recently had my first real paying job. A woman wanted me to produce 40 five inch circular vinyl stickers commemorating her 45th class reunion. I spent about an hour mocking it up and most of an afternoon cutting and weeding. I charged her $5 each for them. Seems about right? She acted as though I was undercharging her.

I am interested in getting in to mostly vehicle lettering. Looking around town there seems to be a market for it. I have done a few for friends trucks and boats and all have please with the results. My days of freebies are coming to a close. I did not mind doing them as it allowed me to learn my machine and software.

I am looking forward to learning a lot more here. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to show some pics of my work for your critique.

swampstander

jimbo

:Welcome: Welcome from Virginia . . it is better when it is for fun AND Profit. This is a pretty good place to hang out while you are weeding.
jim