• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

REMISLAD

I am currently trying different samples from China regarding vinyl for my Roland Printers.

I have imported two sets of vinyl from China as samples.
I have shipped these air freight so it was quite expensive but of course this is in preparation for a larger order that will be shipped on a pallet via sea freight.
Sea freight shipping is approximately 5 to 8 weeks.

Freight estimates are around 25%.

I found vinyl that I have used and was $50.00 a roll.

With that being said I am still trying to find a 5 mil roll of removable printable low tack vinyl.

Is anyone importing ?

There are tons of suppliers on alibaba.com.

Honestly, I am doing this because the prices of vinyl have gone up significantly more than the inflation rates.

(Corporate greed )

Is there anyone else importing and have you had any luck?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
There is another thread here about importing from China. Based on the feedback, it wouldn't be worth it.
And what Gino said.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I might be wrong but it seems like raising your prices slightly would solve the same problem with much less work. Also, how much time and money would you lose if after 5 to 8 weeks the rolls are not up to standard?

weyandsign

You should import your car from China too. I bet it would be cheaper than some name brand vehicle. Why have Roland printers when you can get a chinese one for half the price?

REMISLAD

Guess I'm stupid or something, but why does one wanna support a country who is in the process of warring against our country ?? Talk about corporate greed ??

Prices are going up for everybody, not just you, but your method is in my opinion, one of a wrongful doing.
Yes Gino you are certainly that.

For you or anyone to think that the trying to save money so I can pay my staff more is a problem.

My employees have had increase of 22%.

I am not complaining as it is well deserved and helps my people make ends meet.

I’m not trying to be political I’m stating a fact that corporate profits are at record highs since all of the prices went up. Nobody wants to address that. I don’t need anybody to address it. I know what the facts are.

As well as the fact that all of our electronics, our phones are computers are laptops are iPads our printers are all made in China

Get off your soap box.

I’m not here to argue politics I’m here to discuss other options on importing vinyl

REMISLAD

You should import your car from China too. I bet it would be cheaper than some name brand vehicle. Why have Roland printers when you can get a chinese one for half the price?

MY car is made in china.

Regarding the printers I buy Roland because they are great quality and love the service.

I have 6 of them.

I also only use Roland Ink.

The media companies have jacked up the prices.

It was originally because of freight.

Freight prices have dropped and the prices stayed the same.

I am trying to save money on consumables etc. so we can be more competitive and this helps with my payroll increases.

Domestic corporations are making record profits !!!

By the way import records show the largest vinyl companies are already importing from china.

We are already buying Chinese vinyl.

Have a nice day.

Educate your self.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
But I'm not the one looking to save a buck by buying sh!t from china, if I can help it. I buy as much American as I can, but I will deal with other countries...... just not an enemy country or communist country.

As mentioned, all ya really hafta do is make an honest living and charge accordingly. Raise your prices. For over 50 years, I've seen your kind come & go and ya know what..... ?? You're all the same. Talk big and do squat about helping others.

REMISLAD

I might be wrong but it seems like raising your prices slightly would solve the same problem with much less work. Also, how much time and money would you lose if after 5 to 8 weeks the rolls are not up to standard?
I brought in 2 rolls. They were both fine.

The rolls landed for $80.00

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd be worried about the quality of whatever vinyl you end up buying. Saving $50 a roll and putting all those signs at risk of premature failure wouldn't be worth it to me. What of the material fails after a year? Those Chinese might send you quality samples, and when you make your first big order half the shipment is crap. Who covers damage? Are their import duties? How much vinyl do you go through in a year? If you are going through thousands of rolls where the savings COULD be significant, you are doing A LOT of business that could be put at risk by using inferior product. Your customers wouldn't like paying full price for possibly lower quality vinyl that could be a health hazard. If I was your competitior I'd be all over the fact you use substandard vinyl.

More to think about than the upfront savings.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm......... but your profile says you have sixteen printers. Why do I not believe a thing you're saying ??

REMISLAD

I also don’t want to raise prices. My customers don’t need to pay more.

My only margin issue is vinyl.

Everything else is fine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's it mean, when someone is following you ?? This chump is now following me and he/it/she just joined on Saturday. What's with these pinhead wannabees ??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I also don’t want to raise prices. My customers don’t need to pay more.

My only margin issue is vinyl.

Everything else is fine.
I get that but if there was ever a justified time to raise your prices, it's now when everyone expects it. We had to raise prices and every customer so far has said, "Yup we expected that."

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Get off your soap box.

I’m not here to argue politics I’m here to discuss other options on importing vinyl
Welcome to S101, I see you're new here. If you are really looking for insight, why don't you check out the forum and read the discussions we've already had about this topic. It very much looks like you joined this forum to argue with people.

REMISLAD

But I'm not the one looking to save a buck by buying sh!t from china, if I can help it. I buy as much American as I can, but I will deal with other countries...... just not an enemy country or communist country.

As mentioned, all ya really hafta do is make an honest living and charge accordingly. Raise your prices. For over 50 years, I've seen your kind come & go and ya know what..... ?? You're all the same. Talk big and do squat about helping others.
Thanks Gino you’re a true patriot.
It was hard to understand you with the sound of that American flag waving in the background.

Thank goodness you live in a Blue state.

We live in a free market economy.

We all choose to run our businesses the way we see fit.

If you don’t agree with me importing goods (that are already) being brought into the USA that’s your prerogative.

All of the big VINYL distributors bring in import material.

I have many shipment coming.

If the product is good and the savings are solid I will post my results.

We all have the option of running our print houses in any manner that we choose.

If you want to buy all American then do so.

I respect your motivation. I just don’t want to pad corporate profits.

REMISLAD

Welcome to S101, I see you're new here. If you are really looking for insight, why don't you check out the forum and read the discussions we've already had about this topic. It very much looks like you joined this forum to argue with people.
I’m sorry that wasn’t my intent.

I did search china and didn’t find anything with specifics.

I don’t know why my question has to be political when I’m trying to save money for my company.