• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

DL Signs

Never go against the family
How do I not remember this Great White event? I had to look it up and I STILL don't remember it! It looks horrifying!
It was both horrifying, and relevant to Gino's comment. The club owners installed acoustic foam around the stage, they went with the cheapest stuff they could find, which turned out to not be fire rated. Cost 100 people their lives :(

Johnny Best

I remember the Mean Penguins concert where 100 doofus people died from the ice water spilling off the stage.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Politics aside, I see value in importing certain things when the savings are undeniable. Not sure I'd test that theory with digital media or something that needs to perform for the customer, but hey to each their own.

For example, Heavy Duty knife blades for our Summa flatbed. $5.6 USD brought in from China w/ free shipping......or $100-$150 CDN for OEM Summa blades. For that price difference it's worth bringing them in.

REMISLAD

WHite Haus I did bring in two rolls My guys were very happy with the way they took ink and they way they dried ,. We printed photos , vector files and skin tones. One roll was fine . THe low tack roll was way to thin so that was a waste .

I’m sorry for the drama I’m just tried to find ways to lower the cost of consumables.

There are so many things costs that we can control .
Electricity
Fuel
Insurance
etc .

I get that customers should be happy with our goods and services.

Everything doesn’t have to be a prime steak or a Mercedes .

Sometimes a burger and a ford are just fine.

Honestly I told Gino that I’m going to kill the account after 2 days … :(

I didnt sign up to get lambasted by a insecure man who’s angry at a lot more than me ….

I wanted a free exchange of ideas …

That is exactly what i thought a site like this would be great for .

I‘m sorry for the drama

Below is one of the many companies that i am sampling to try to improve our bottom line .

That is good for me and certainly will help offset the increase in wages that we are experiencing .

Oriency Sign Technology Industry Co., Ltd.
https://osign.m.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html?wx_navbar_transparent=true&tracelog=sns_minisite
1667339625419.png

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Drama? :roflmao: ...you really haven't read anything on this site except for this one thread, Have you. Don't be so thin-skinned. You can learn a lot here, from some people who know what they are talking about. There's a lot of experience on this forum. Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for on day one.

REMISLAD

Thanks for that.
I am on this site because I need help and advice and guidance

I just didn’t think that I was going to get spoken to regarding my rationale for trying to save money on material from an angry insecure man.

I have course I’m not referring to you.

I’m beyond confident that there are decades, if not generations of experience. I ask questions because I don’t know the answers. I don’t claim to know it all matter fact, I know probably less than anyone else here regarding printing.

I was just trying to find another way of buying material from vendors, who have not raised their prices on levels that exceed inflation exponentially

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Shipping is a substantial expense for a commodity product like vinyl. Might as well have them print it for you before they ship it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your PMs have been enlightening at best. Just more insight of what and who you really are. There was no need to take them back there, but I guess you didn't want others to see your silliness. Anyway.................

Good luck

unmateria

Vynil is one of the last things i would import from China. I dont want for my customers what I wouldnt buy for me... And i bet they wont peel easy, the wont last even months, they will shrink a lot or looking how they make all pvc things, they just will break...

... Or the most posible think... All of above at the same time. And when all fails, go to the vendor to tell him you lost your customers trying to save some dollars...

Believe me... Going cheap ALWAYS ends in going expensive if you dont do like them (take the money and dissapear)

REMISLAD

Your PMs have been enlightening at best. Just more insight of what and who you really are. There was no need to take them back there, but I guess you didn't want others to see your silliness. Anyway.................

Good luck
Vynil is one of the last things i would import from China. I dont want for my customers what I wouldnt buy for me... And i bet they wont peel easy, the wont last even months, they will shrink a lot or looking how they make all pvc things, they just will break...

... Or the most posible think... All of above at the same time. And when all fails, go to the vendor to tell him you lost your customers trying to save some dollars...

Believe me... Going cheap ALWAYS ends in going expensive if you dont do like them (take the money and dissapear)
Thanks we are currently bringing in samples. Our business model is different and our applications are temporary installations. I certainly understand and respect your trepidation .

REMISLAD

Good luck
I didn’t take anything back . I felt sorry for you and expressed that in the PM .

I didnt want you to feel embarrassed So i respectfully sent them privately . I’m sorry I struck a nerve . Aren’t you a sensitive little flower .

Maybe you should go back to trolling people on Truth Social .

Don’t be desperate it is a bad look .

Now go make your self feel important and comment with all of your lifelong wisdom and make sure you show everyone that you are such a MAN ….

Compensate Much …. ? :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't feel sorry for me, you moron.

I just love when your kinda aholes think they're a step ahead of the normal members. You don't agree with one single other member, but continue to make me your excuse for moving onward. Go remi go......

unmateria

I had a business importing tons of plastic things from china to south america before... Lots of providers, thousands of different products... All the same kind of vendors... Thats all... Im not nacionalist, buy the things where u want, there are many competent countries with serious dealers in the world. Not the case of China, believe me. If you have any problem, and you are going to have them, you are alone... Theres no dealer responsability behind that. You will get free samples made yesterday and u will end with a bunch of crappy plastic manifactured years ago (well, that was the usual to me). We decided to close the business because we had many orders (days of 600) and never was a day without 5 returns and those 5 returns was angry people (with reason)... And we, civilizied people, are going business trying to make people happy, not angry. I prefer to leave the business if i cant control that.

... And they mind a sh** if you get angry after sending you a container of crappy plastic

Im trying to advise you from my experience, nothing more. I know how you feel because i ve been there before (and after year and year) and now im lucky that i know who to act... Increase prices, I+D, and optimize processes. That where are the savings to pay the people, and not in some dollars of some (or thousands) of vynil rolls

REMISLAD

Don't feel sorry for me, you moron.

I just love when your kinda aholes think they're a step ahead of the normal members. You don't agree with one single other member, but continue to make me your excuse for moving onward. Go remi go......
I have thanked just about every member on this thread ,,.,, I am anything but a step ahead of anyone on this site . Thats why I joined . People have given me their opinion and their personal experiences with quality issues regarding imported materials . You are the Only one that went the other way . You talked about a WAR ? You inferred my rational for getting cheaper goods had nothing to do with my staff and payroll. You sir are a bully . I stand by my questions . I know that you are very important on this site (based on your 37000 comments ) I have been in one thread and it went sideways . That is not because of anyone but you . This is a site for sharing and learning . You sir have had very little do with either . I’m sorry I struck a Nerve . Stop getting so angry it makes you look desperate ..

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
If you do find a good reliable supplier, I will respectfully say that you should not pass the discount on to save your customer a buck. Yes, be competitive but not drop your pants. Your homework should be your reward and kept for yourself and your employees. Importing stuff is an investment.

REMISLAD

I had a business importing tons of plastic things from china to south america before... Lots of providers, thousands of different products... All the same kind of vendors... Thats all... Im not nacionalist, buy the things where u want, there are many competent countries with serious dealers in the world. Not the case of China, believe me. If you have any problem, and you are going to have them, you are alone... Theres no dealer responsability behind that. You will get free samples made yesterday and u will end with a bunch of crappy plastic manifactured years ago (well, that was the usual to me). We decided to close the business because we had many orders (days of 600) and never was a day without 5 returns and those 5 returns was angry people (with reason)... And we, civilizied people, are going business trying to make people happy, not angry. I prefer to leave the business if i cant control that.

... And they mind a sh** if you get angry after sending you a container of crappy plastic

Im trying to advise you from my experience, nothing more. I know how you feel because i ve been there before (and after year and year) and now im lucky that i know who to act... Increase prices, I+D, and optimize processes. That where are the savings to pay the people, and not in some dollars of some (or thousands) of vynil rolls
Thanks so much … I completely Understand and appreciate your candor . I have been going direct for the last 15 years , Up until now i was careful on what to get . With that being said i will bring in samples and try them out . If all goes well Ill gamble $10,000 to save $100,000

Below is a list of Suppliers that Fellers imports from .

Look them up they are a large wholesale distributor of Vinyl

This is all information that is available legally from many websites that offer import records .

4A31BD6D-D6E6-4644-8852-5ED8EAF3D339.jpeg