• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

REMISLAD

Bruno .
Let me explain in a clearer fashion.
My installations are temporary .

We go deliver and install our products and 10 hours later they are removed and trashed .

As long as the vinyl prints nicely and doesn't damage the surfaces that they are applied to we are gold .

The client gets a sharper price and we make more money . (EVERYBODY WINS )

I understand for the majority of Print jobs in this industry that if you use cheaper materials then you get a cheaper product . (so there are no savings as BS HAS VALUE)

The bar on quality has been lowered across the board so we are not comparing apples to apples.

I am in a different arena . (as clearly stated in my prior posts )

We rarely have an event that would need permanent installation . In the case when a customer needs longevity we use GF ORACAL 3M ETC ..

These are temporary Installations .

As opposed to saying i am not normal . You should slow your roll and try to understand that we have a different product line .

You don't do what I do and I certainly don't do what traditional printers do .

Thanks In advance .

You obviouslly have an issue with me so feel free to ignore or block me .

Thanks to all of the other members for their honest answers .

I appreciate the help .

REMISLAD

I've done a couple of dance floors for weddings and events and they didn't seem too concerned with price, paid my normal sqft price
Thanks We do from 40-70 per month in just that application . If we only did a couple a month I wouldn't be looking for an alternative .

Thanks Victor :)

victor bogdanov

Thanks We do from 40-70 per month in just that application . If we only did a couple a month I wouldn't be looking for an alternative .

Thanks Victor :)
with that volume of printing you can have significant savings by changing from the Rolands. You need to step up to production machines, ink and labor savings.

what per sq/ft price are you selling them at?

REMISLAD

In both the US and Canada we import nearly four times as much junk from China compared to what they import from us. And it's not like we have trade surpluses from the rest of the world to offset this.

So who pays for this imbalance? Well of course it's you and I, the lowly tax payer. And with increasing government deficits at all levels and increasing personal and corporate debt. This is simply unsustainable and to be honest inexcusable as we watch our so-called elected & non-elected leaders guide us down a rabbit-hole of national and personal insolvency. I don't care if you buy single use chewing gum wrappers or reusable prophylactics from China there is absolutely no reason why one would want to continue to trash the North American economy for the sake of a cheap buy.

Of course the continued result of this is less money for necessities for the majority of us such as health care, education, domestic infrastructure repairs and development, local governance, policing, culture, etc. Oh, and food, yeah that's a big one.

If you have children each and every one of you will at some point sit down with your kids and try to reason with them about making prudent fiscal and budgetary decisions to help them avoid some of the mistakes we have made. Yet here we are continuing to bankrupt ourselves becasue decisions to buy cheap crap from overseas won't affect us. Duh!

In the mean time the PRC treats their workers like shite, they destroy cultures, they have little regard for pollution and the environment, and democracy is not in the vocabulary. Every statue, monument and reminder of the Tian'anmen Square protest that was on display in Hong Kong has been removed and or destroyed as if it never happened. Not to white wash what we have done here in NA but at least we seem to be trying to move forward. It seems nothing has changed or has been learned in the past 600 years since the Europeans started tromping all over the place.

If you want to use corporate greed, saving the client money, wanting to pay the staff fair wages or any other excuse to justify short term choices, well this is a WTF is wrong with you moment!

I don't think the problem that we have can be broken down in such a basic manner .

Either way I run my business in how i see fit . You are correct i don't have to justify anything .

I agree to disagree .

victor bogdanov

14 busy rolands = $14k ink use per month (geniune roland ink as you say). You can cut that number in half and reduce labor by switching to a production printer

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I also don’t want to raise prices. My customers don’t need to pay more.

My only margin issue is vinyl.

Everything else is fine.
If the cost of media is such a large factor as to have any real effect on your margin then perhaps you should revisit your pricing model.

REMISLAD

If the cost of media is such a large factor as to have any real effect on your margin then perhaps you should revisit your pricing model.
Thanks Bob ... The price of media has jumped . As well as everything else :(

What I have found is the Material i am currently using is Overkill .

My margins are pretty standard.

What I noticed is that we lost some volume from customers who didn't want to pay the increase .

That is their choice .

However the Savings on the material allows me to hold or even reduce my old prices and make the same if not 5% more profit .

We are a volume shop so we don't want that to decrease .

Thanks for your help ..

Have a great day .

Gino

Premium Subscriber
remi..... I'd like to know something. If you don't care to answer it out here, take it into the PMs, but this really interests me.

You say/claim you've had this business for 10 or 12 years. Did you start it or did you marry into the family and just using a poor choice of words ?? Please be careful how you proceed.

REMISLAD

I am 4th generation My Family has had this company since the Early 1900's

Digital Media Is newer for us actually I just looked we started with an ENCAD 736?? this was way back in 2004. From there we switched to a larger Encad.

They broke down now and them and we would have to sub out to local print shops and they always used Roland . The advice that we got from these guys was exceptional .

Oddly enough we probably have 6 jobs a year subbed out to us for Full track Wraps .

They provide the Material and we print for them This is only when they are in a pinch .

We love the Roland Support They are always able to get us going event if something needs to be replaced.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Your
Those guys are by Miami they are a flower shop . we know them .
Your profile says you are an event decorator. Are you the event decorator that links back with a google lens search of the photos you posted?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
His pet name for me. He thinks it's funny cause he calls me that in his PMs.

Looks like a few people here have the same idea..........................