• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who cares, but what happened to............. remis ?? He can't possibly be p!ssed this long. Not unless he was a liar and a thief trying to nab us all in his web. I do believe someone mentioned it earlier what his real agenda was.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You mean the guy that rolls up and says "hey, I see you have some old awnings in the back..." I just talked to him a minute ago, sent him your way.

The guy in the porsche will totally ask for a discount, but he may not shop around for beans since he has 'better stuff to do.' I find the less I know about the customer and the faster I slap a price down, the more likely they are to take my bid, more to do with timing, less to do with which side the gas tank is on.

Uh-oh, what if he/she/it/her/they/hers/his/them/ yurin is in an electric vehicle ?? Then whaddaya do ??

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Who cares, but what happened to............. remis ?? He can't possibly be p!ssed this long. Not unless he was a liar and a thief trying to nab us all in his web. I do believe someone mentioned it earlier what his real agenda was.
Post #96 is very telling.

parrott

Maybe I should have read this entire thread, but 80% of what you are printing is made over seas. Your materials, your equipment and most of your software. Buy domestic when you can and support those companies that are trying to keep it in the states.

One of the only American made companies is Digitech. Your gonna pay more but you are receiving a vastly superior product. I hope to see other companies follow their footsteps and keep it in America instead of sending it over seas. When you buy quality, you only pay once….

unmateria

Interesting website. I looked up Grimco and saw that they are importing ACM from Germany. I would of put $ on that coming from China
Believe me. You know when ACM is made on China, and is not easy to sell that garbage in Europe having so many ACM manufacturers in all Europe and with prices just a little more expensive that chinese crap.

In signs market, at least in Spain, those kind of products (ACM, vynils, cheap pvc or cheap acrylics, inks...) are not common at all since we all know that people want quality signs. In our market i think they only sell tons of premade displays, rollups etc and specially alluminium rolls for letter bending.

And well... Every country has manufacturers that make garbage products (in germany, in spain, in china and usa)

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
I don't want to argue with anyone but I refuse to KNOWINGLY buy anything or support a country that wants to cause mine harm or take it over. I am a patriot, I am also a veteran, I shop local and USA made whenever I can and a lot of my customers share that viewpoint. I have much to learn about politics but I do know that if I can determine a products origins being China, I do my best to stay away from it. It has also been my experience that most products from China, and some other countries out there, are of subpar quality. Lately, my customers are more interested in a quality product. There are still the ones that want only the cheapest product, I usually send them elsewhere. We can't always know where some products come from but there are clues if we look for them.

joelswork

Just a couple points on this:
1: I know the toll on a business when adhesive goes bad. I know the fights some of these other guys have had with manufacturers to have bad product replaced. I also know the cost of refinishing a floor. One bad reaction with the adhesive and the floor finish and your savings is gone.

2: corporate greed is not good (and there is much more to it than just profit numbers) but in my old business I was quoted an insanely low cost on frames for my brand of miniature motorcycles. When I asked my rep how they could even make them that cheap his reply had me stop all conversations with them. He said they used political prisoners who were buying back their freedom. Their wage was roughly 10c an hour minus room and board. A lot has change in the past 20 years but I can’t do it after that statement but China is still China and I’ll take corporate greed over slavery any day and the Chinese corporations are just as greedy, if not more so, with profit and lives of their employees

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need an ice cream cone. Go get one at lunch and you'll feel better. I gorantee it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Block 'em in with the crane truck? When the guy comes out screaming, tell him the crane's electric too! in a very excited voice.

Last guy on a bike that was asking for scrap wanted to make a storm trooper costume out of lexan. Would not leave me alone. I locked up and drove away while he was pulling pieces out of the plastic pile and saying sh*t like "oh, this could be a bat'leth!"
Fact: people on bikes waste my time, be it on the road, as a customer, or talking to the police after they clip my mirror and flop like Lebron.
They found a dead body around the corner from my shop today. No bike though. No surprise either.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
How's that? Other than the ability to print on the 8518, the 3270 likes me better.
Well, it knows a dummy when it sees one! It seems glossier and the plastic backing (which I hate webbing) seems to track better on the laminator. Maybe the paper is more sensitive to humidity? If I was in somewhere like PA or Texas with nice dry air it wouldn't matter much.

unmateria

No offense please, but that is like comparing apples with bananas... 3510 is a garbage laminate as the datasheet states (not real use for anything we make... Maybe for indoors laminate). 4500 series are outstanding, years ago was marked like a 5 years laminate, and now is marked as 6. We dont use it anymore since its difficult to find it now here, but for a 2.x€/m laminate it performs extremely well. We have had lots of test prints oriented to south-west since like 10 years and except some edge shrinked a little, they work perfecly even over monomeric vynils without crackings or colour fading.

8518 is just high end... Of course is much better than 3510!