• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Nobody's buying your chinese propaganda. You joined last week, and have your profile locked up.....just like those russian and chinese trolls during election years.
The whole "Corporate greed" thing is kind of a B.S. argument. When corporations have stellar years, everything doesn't just get distributed back to shareholders. A lot of that is retained, so that when they post losses, they can cover it. Vinyl prices do suck, but so does your business model if THAT is what is killing you. You sound like those guys that come from the offset world, and try to make our industry race to the bottom. If you are a low cost sign/vinyl provider, there are plenty of vinyl's that are less than $.50 per sq. ft., that you should easily be getting $3-$5 per sq ft.
Is that greed? How much margin are we all allowed to make before you see us as greedy?
Also, if you cared so much about profitability, you wouldn't be running 8 or 16, or however many Roland's you claim to have.
So was this all a sham so he could post a link to the material he is selling?

OzarkDigital

Thanks my friend
We are all in Business to turn a profit .

We can lower our price by 15-20% on some jobs and make 30% more . This my friend is one of the best scenarios that one can have . Everybody wins ..
Hey Remislad: We also have a coupla' (2) Rolands. We switched to JetBest inks from Ernie Vivieros at InkJetLife (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100067745960379) in Florida (he's a full time Roland independent service engineer and REALLY knows his SH*T!)
We LOVE the JetBest color profiles AND the savings since Roland GREEDED-OUT and raised their OEM inks 19%!
The JetBest inks are made in Taiwan (the little island near Chynah) and the cost per ml is only 10-cents ... just like REMISLAD we're trying to save money, increase margins and still stay very, very productive! :)

I've gotten off all my soapboxes and political benders ... and am looking out for only one person and one set of ever increasing profits: MINE!

So like REMISLAD, we do whatever the heck we want to increase profits and margins.

Attachments

• JetBest Ink photo.jpg
    JetBest Ink photo.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 88

OzarkDigital

Is that the only place you can get those inks from ??
NO. JetBest inks are also available from PremierColour in Orange County, CA, where Francis Kao is the owner/Team Leader.

https://www.premiercolour.com/collections/shop-all-jetbest

We met Francis at the PrintingUnited show in Vegas in October and that further solidified our belief in him, PremierColour and the JetBest system (and his East Coast distributor and 10-Star Freelance Roland Service Engineer, Ernie Viveiros).
His firm is the importer and supporter of the JetBest system.

Last edited:
Thanks so much … I completely Understand and appreciate your candor . I have been going direct for the last 15 years , Up until now i was careful on what to get . With that being said i will bring in samples and try them out . If all goes well Ill gamble $10,000 to save $100,000

Below is a list of Suppliers that Fellers imports from .

Look them up they are a large wholesale distributor of Vinyl

This is all information that is available legally from many websites that offer import records .

View attachment 162342
I’m not rich and love saving a buck and really big on quality a roll of 3m from feller for good stuff was going to be close to 1000 bucks I got some 3m from china which has grey backing that is amazing for block out whatever it goes on for under 400 with shipping and receive it within a week 3m scotch Brite haven’t got to wrap my company vehicle yet cause printer was done but ink stick to it amazing and really happy with it

JamesLam

Still buying from from the same country that had been publically outed for running interference in Canada's most recent federal election. And will probably do the same in the US election in two years. Why anyone would spend a nickel on crap form China until they get in line is beyond belief and can only be supported by greed and naivete.

gabagoo

NO. JetBest inks are also available from PremierColour in Orange County, CA, where Francis Kao is the owner/Team Leader.

We met Francis at the PrintingUnited show in Vegas in October and that further solidified our belief in him, PremierColour and the JetBest system (and his East Coast distributor and 10-Star Freelance Roland Service Engineer, Ernie Viveiros).
His firm is the importer and supporter of the JetBest
I have been using Jet Best for over 7 years now and even with our newest printer, as soon as the supplied OEM were done we switched over. Prints great and you don't have to blow the lines when you switch over so even if for whatever reason I can't get them due to supply chain issues ( never happened yet) I can still load in an OEM to get me by. I was always sceptical about 3rd party inks but not now.

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
So tell me about these 14 Roland printers. I looked at what they offered at PU and I need some user feedback. :oops:

I am currently trying different samples from China regarding vinyl for my Roland Printers.

I have imported two sets of vinyl from China as samples.
I have shipped these air freight so it was quite expensive but of course this is in preparation for a larger order that will be shipped on a pallet via sea freight.
Sea freight shipping is approximately 5 to 8 weeks.

Freight estimates are around 25%.

I found vinyl that I have used and was $50.00 a roll.

With that being said I am still trying to find a 5 mil roll of removable printable low tack vinyl.

Is anyone importing ?

There are tons of suppliers on alibaba.com.

Honestly, I am doing this because the prices of vinyl have gone up significantly more than the inflation rates.

(Corporate greed )

Is there anyone else importing and have you had any luck?
Make sure you find a good shipping company I ordered a 62.9 inch machine with a dx5 head from china and laminator it was suppose to be here oct 28 and just now hitting USA in NJ and now has to get sent to Tampa anyway I paid the company I got it from to bring here to port and it has been a pain in the butt and everyone touch’s you package wants to get pay even though charge a fee already to ship it to Tampa have to pay 320 for the boat to release it then pay custom and custom agent then the company bringing it to me also want money too now for terminal fees. I don’t care where I get something from as long as I’m getting a deal china person problem with us are honestly not mean I like trump but the tariff tax he imposed on China are hurting us tremendously u have to pay 33% of ur goes on top of other tax’s which is understandable cause they are stealing are blueprint for machine then selling same thing cheaper but what if I don’t have credit or 20 k setting around to buy a new machine then I’ll never beable to have what big company’s have but a china machine and Roland can’t compare quality to them so I don’t know why not to let the small business have a chance as well? Anyway just make sure ur shipping company is good Fcc logistics are super rude Oocl Singapore ship can be rude as well and quick trip express as well only one I can say have had a good experience with is eezyimport they had the best filing fee I could find for custom . And they also handle shipment as well I’m working on get JETBEST ink from china to stock and resale here as well a lot of business owner don’t have the time or want to take the risk and try there luck I wish u luck and hope it goes well I seen a post feller gets a lot of stuff from china and everyone goes there cause American made I don’t think no money u or I could spend in china will feed a county to be stronger then us ? No but Fellers will make afew hundred thousand per orders it will us buying things will only help hard work hungry to have a normal apt or to be able to make there car payment and not have to ride a bike . I plan to try a trailer bucket for like 18 k that same one here is 52 k plus tax and shipping

I’m u
I have been using Jet Best for over 7 years now and even with our newest printer, as soon as the supplied OEM were done we switched over. Prints great and you don't have to blow the lines when you switch over so even if for whatever reason I can't get them due to supply chain issues ( never happened yet) I can still load in an OEM to get me by. I was always sceptical about 3rd party inks but not now.
im using JETBEST and when I got machine it was using none name brand ink and ink is like too thick it looks like on top of vinyl to use original inks now what profile do you use it print better in color choice now anything u think I might need to change ? I also just change the printheads

Thanks Gino you’re a true patriot.
It was hard to understand you with the sound of that American flag waving in the background.

Thank goodness you live in a Blue state.

We live in a free market economy.

We all choose to run our businesses the way we see fit.

If you don’t agree with me importing goods (that are already) being brought into the USA that’s your prerogative.

All of the big VINYL distributors bring in import material.

I have many shipment coming.

If the product is good and the savings are solid I will post my results.

We all have the option of running our print houses in any manner that we choose.

If you want to buy all American then do so.

I respect your motivation. I just don’t want to pad corporate profits.
These are feller order from china the number one American wrap supply company
D35EB724-281B-4F94-86C7-661C48D7CA3E.png
E4411057-3D61-4F9C-8D8B-F67B45D2184E.png

netsol

His firm is the importer and supporter of the JetBest system.
we switched to jetbest on our rolands. over a year ago. VERY HAPPY with them.
hoping to switch our mutoh over early next year

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Interesting website. I looked up Grimco and saw that they are importing ACM from Germany. I would of put $ on that coming from China

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You mean the guy that rolls up and says "hey, I see you have some old awnings in the back..." I just talked to him a minute ago, sent him your way.

The guy in the porsche will totally ask for a discount, but he may not shop around for beans since he has 'better stuff to do.' I find the less I know about the customer and the faster I slap a price down, the more likely they are to take my bid, more to do with timing, less to do with which side the gas tank is on.
I don't discount, price is what it is. Never liked anyone that drives a Porsche either. I have better stuff to do then listen to a presumptuous wind bag tell me why their price should be less than someone else's. I will give the dude riding the bike as much scrap as he can carry out though. He needs his fix more than the other guy needs a discount.