• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing Vinyl From China

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It's a really good questions why you are running so many printers with expensive ink. You have crazy savings there to collect just by buying few Colorados, which is exactly built for that stuff.

Insane if you don't want to do that but then gamble with Chinese hit and miss bulk orders.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's a really good questions why you are running so many printers with expensive ink. You have crazy savings there to collect just by buying few Colorados, which is exactly built for that stuff.

Insane if you don't want to do that but then gamble with Chinese hit and miss bulk orders.

There's a whole lot more wrong with the guy than his business sense. His delusions of grandeur to start with. It was well displayed in some of his PMs to me.

My problem was/is, I don't like liars and when they are caught in them, then lie even further to look good.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, now he/it/she takes down their limited profile and doesn't want anyone knowing anything about him/it/her. It's people like this who hide so much cause they're afraid of something. I'm at a point, the dude is good wih computers, but not figures. The pictures he had posted of his/their/her were from someone else's site. He got found out and is now probably not gonna return. He was so much fun..... for a day. I was hoping he'd be a keeper. Fun to have around.

victor bogdanov

Its like having 14 F150 for a dirt hauling business instead of buying 2 dump trucks lol

Johnny Best

His family had a business in the 1900's in Florida? That's hard to believe unless they were into raising oranges or tomatoes. Lack of roads and the Barefoot mailman was still walking the beach to deliver mail from Palm Beach going south until late 1800's.
Like Bruno said, this guy is spinning stories.
Does Arlon, 3M, Orical buy vinyl from China or just the plastic beads?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Even if it is made in china, 3M will have certain specifications on their stuff, which must be followed and they'll have reps over there to make sure of these things. Buying willie-nillie like the OP here wants to do..... is like a total crap shoot.

Speaking of the OP........ has he really left the building ?? He told me he wanted to stay and intended on remaining a member here. Strange...................

Stacey K

I like making signs
The photos are from that business Gino found. IF this is his business...BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!! I would be very proud to own this business.

The one photo is from a Bar Mitzvah "inspired by his favorite line of sneakers and luxury goods. Custom made elements featuring Nike Supreme, Adidas Yeezy and Louis Vuitton..."

My son has none of these things in his closet. He doesn't even know who Louis Vuitton is.

I'm all for saving a buck but I'm struggling to see anything posted on that website that shows me a penny pinching host. Just saying...

CanuckSigns

The photos are from that business Gino found. IF this is his business...BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!! I would be very proud to own this business.

The one photo is from a Bar Mitzvah "inspired by his favorite line of sneakers and luxury goods. Custom made elements featuring Nike Supreme, Adidas Yeezy and Louis Vuitton..."

My son has none of these things in his closet. He doesn't even know who Louis Vuitton is.

I'm all for saving a buck but I'm struggling to see anything posted on that website that shows me a penny pinching host. Just saying...
My experience is that someone that pulls into our shop in a Porsche is more likley to ask for a discount than someone in a Pontiac

CMY_K?

Thanks Gino you’re a true patriot.
It was hard to understand you with the sound of that American flag waving in the background.

Thank goodness you live in a Blue state.

We live in a free market economy.

We all choose to run our businesses the way we see fit.

If you don’t agree with me importing goods (that are already) being brought into the USA that’s your prerogative.

All of the big VINYL distributors bring in import material.

I have many shipment coming.

If the product is good and the savings are solid I will post my results.

We all have the option of running our print houses in any manner that we choose.

If you want to buy all American then do so.

I respect your motivation. I just don’t want to pad corporate profits.
Nobody's buying your chinese propaganda. You joined last week, and have your profile locked up.....just like those russian and chinese trolls during election years.
The whole "Corporate greed" thing is kind of a B.S. argument. When corporations have stellar years, everything doesn't just get distributed back to shareholders. A lot of that is retained, so that when they post losses, they can cover it. Vinyl prices do suck, but so does your business model if THAT is what is killing you. You sound like those guys that come from the offset world, and try to make our industry race to the bottom. If you are a low cost sign/vinyl provider, there are plenty of vinyl's that are less than $.50 per sq. ft., that you should easily be getting $3-$5 per sq ft.
Is that greed? How much margin are we all allowed to make before you see us as greedy?
Also, if you cared so much about profitability, you wouldn't be running 8 or 16, or however many Roland's you claim to have.