• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Incomplete Cutting

Farmboy

First post here,
On some designs my 300 does not cut all the way around. Sometimes on bumper stickers (3x10) it will not cut one end or miss a small spot on other decals. It seems to be hit and miss and no real reason for it. Thanks for taking the time.

canadianchef

Try This

Hi Farmboy:
Sounds like you need to do a environment match. That is located on your menu and it should be done at least once a day and sometimes more. Try this and hopefully it will correct your problem.

Best Regards !
Terry:Canada 2:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to :signs101:from PA.

You don’t mention anything in your profile about a 300, so I presume you have an SP300. Regardless of what you have, it sounds as if you need to apply more down pressure.

Most vinyls [H/P, intermediate and so forth] have an inconsistent straight height to them if you would measure with a mic. Therefore, if your knife isn’t cutting deep enough at some points, it will only barely score it in those low areas.

Farmboy

Sorry...yes it is an SP300.
Plenty of downforce, it just does not cut one side of
a decal such as a bummper sticker. It will cut around the rounded corners but will not complete the cut.
We are located in Auburn NY.

Shovelhead

Are the....

Sorry...yes it is an SP300.
Plenty of downforce, it just does not cut one side of
a decal such as a bummper sticker. It will cut around the rounded corners but will not complete the cut.
We are located in Auburn NY.

nodes connected when you zoom in on the artwork??

Farmboy

I use VersaWorks for the RIP.
I will try setting the margin, not sure how :) but I will look into it when I get to the shop in the morning. Yes..nodes are all connected...but I will check that also.

BobbyFosson

In the Queue Settings, click on File Format on the left and set the Margin or border to 0.25.

Save the settings and you are done.

Kenny

From the top menu bar select "Edit"...from the dropdown select "Queue A Properties"...fourth button down on the left is "File Format", click-it, EPS Margin is at the top...I set mine at .04in

You will now have a .04 margin around every instance of graphics you contour cut, and the cut will complete...small quirk with Versaworks, simple fix.

Mac34

I've had a Versacamm for some time now, but have really only started using it as of late (don't ask! LOL!). I was scared of my laminator, so to practice all I did was print and cut simutaneously. One thing that I have noticed is that when you print, and then immediately cut, you definately sacrifice cut quality! Then when you go to weed, it is like working with a warm, gooey substance! Since then, I've began to use my laminator. I've also began using Oracal products, (which seem to be great!). I'll print, wait, laminate, and then contour cut. It is a night and day difference in weeding! I have the SP300 with a Benes dryer for the front. I don't know alot of others that have it for the smaller Versacamm, but I'll tell you the dryer and moving to the Max inks definately saves on drying time!

TNT

I have the same problem as Farmboy and tried to correct it in the Format EPS setting, but that setting is not activated and will not let me change it. Any idea on how to fix that?

Sign Works

From the top menu bar select "Edit"...from the dropdown select "Queue A Properties"...fourth button down on the left is "File Format", click-it, EPS Margin is at the top...I set mine at .04in

You will now have a .04 margin around every instance of graphics you contour cut, and the cut will complete...small quirk with Versaworks, simple fix.

Set it as Kenny described, I set mine to .10, I have heard that you can set it as low as .01

2NinerNiner2

I have also had this (or a similar) issue where it would not cut the leading edge of the output. Everything else would cut fine, be it 300 small labels or 1 big complex graphic. My setup is a SP-300/ColoRIP 2.2, EPS or PDF as file type. In my case, I found that this only occurred when I was trying to be 'cheap' by rewinding the media with the arrow keys following the 'set up sheet' and then setting the base point, attempting to 'save' 2 or 3 " of material :) Have nevr had it happen otherwise; always cuts fine, but as CDN Chef says, I always do an EV match.

Cheers!
Lyle

BobbyFosson

You can not make the change in the individual job settings... The EPS Border must be changed by editing the Queue Settings...

Mason

I use VersaWorks for the RIP.
I will try setting the margin, not sure how :) but I will look into it when I get to the shop in the morning. Yes..nodes are all connected...but I will check that also.

Farmboy, Ive had the same problem, seems like its more Versaworks recognition of the cutlines than an issue with the 300. Increase the stroke weight of your cutline to 2 points in your design software and you should remedy that problem. Also if your contour cut line is located on the same layer as your artwork in the eps file, move it to the uppermost(top) layer.

This worked for me and I havent had that problem since.