• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink cost per Square Foot?

whgjettdesigns

What is a good price to charge on ink per square foot. Im using a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior. Which uses 220ml CMYK. Thanks for your input!!

Malkin

Whatever you do, don't add on an "ink fee" as a separate line item on the bill, just make sure it's included in the cost of the item. It's just overhead.

It would be like have an "egg fee" when getting an omelet at Denny's.

WOODBS

Whatever you do, don't add on an "ink fee" as a separate line item on the bill, just make sure it's included in the cost of the item. It's just overhead.

It would be like have an "egg fee" when getting an omelet at Denny's.

i only had the whites though??

cdiesel

Ink costs in the range of .04 to .50 per sq foot, depending on a million variables.

Please do not figure the sales price of printed vinyl/banners/etc based on your costs.

Malkin

Wasted Egg Fee - (2) $0.95 each

(this forum is completely open to the public for viewing so info given might be limited...)

Border

Load a sh*tload of media into your printer with brand new cartidges and then rip and print another sh*tload of various files (ranging from heavy to light ink saturation) and print it all until your cartridges run dry... then throw it all in the trash and figure out what it cost you per square foot to do so. Subtract the cost per square foot of the media you just threw away and you will have your answer, give or take. Don't forget to add in the time it takes to deal with and make the [supplied] files actually printable.

:toasting:

Mosh

Ink is the least cost in the shop!!!! like $.35. So much so it is the last thing to consider!
TIME should be up on top!

ProWraps

i pay my rent in ink. or pencil. sometimes crayon if im really f*cked up. never blood though. ive heard about it, but it sounds painfull.

J

john1

Take the cost of the ink and divide that number by the size of the ink cartridge

Techman

Most printers average about two or three Milliliters / foot per color. 4 colors is about 12 - 16 mL's It's nothing. You waste more in priming your printer than you use in a roll of materials.

Charge so much that ink is of no consequence. Ink should not even be a factor.

heyskull

As everyone is saying.
Ink is such a small part of material costs it is almost un-priceable.
Also different types of prints use different amount of ink.

SC

P.S. You will always use more magenta!!!!....!!!!

njshorts

Ink costs in the range of .04 to .50 per sq foot, depending on a million variables.

Please do not figure the sales price of printed vinyl/banners/etc based on your costs.

This, and if you have Flexi 10 (possibly other programs as well) you can choose "Estimate" in production manager, it'll give you a good idea of what your ink costs are.

Gabriel

In Romania the producers calculate the material 1-2 Euro. The costs for printing with Original ink depends on the quality of the print and is somewhere between 2.8 - 4,5 Euro / square meter. If you use third party inks, in much cheaper. So the production costs are somewhere between 5-6.5 Euros. One 440ml cartridge is 110-115 Euros.
I don't know how much do you pay for the printing materials.
When you give the final price to the cusomer, you should consider that you have to pay a lot of things :energy, the stuff in your company, printer usage, your time...etc.
So...sell yourself wisely!!!!!
You should really reconsider some alternative inks.
I hope this is usefull to you.