• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Banner With Velcro..

NP_18

Have you ever installed a banner with velcro outdoors? What would be the best velcro to use in this situation? Banners will probably be around 50' x 5' with a 2" velcro (loop) sewed around the perimeter. Velcro (hook) will need to adhere to a smooth concrete/brick wall, outdoors, and last 4-6 months. I have seen this done in a couple places before just wasn't sure what the best velcro to use would be and where to get it.

rjssigns

Haven't tried it but I'm interested in this application. Industrial strength Velcro is available that will stick to anything. Problem would be removal from the wall.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Textol Systems here in NJ sells velcro like that. We've done the 2 inch attaching to the banners...but not the stuff going on the walls.

visual800

I have placed banners on the sides of tractor trailers with 3M dual lock velcro. We have done about 5 of these and they never came off. This would be the system I would suggest. You literally have to pound the banner into the velcro using a small mallet until it pops in. Assuming the surface they are mounted on is smooth

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 192

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Not a new method, by any means. It works great as long as the Velcro adheres well to the install surface. Home Depot sells industrial grade Velcro with a pretty aggressive backing.

Obviously, test it on your install surface before installing.

I have placed banners on the sides of tractor trailers with 3M dual lock velcro. We have done about 5 of these and they never came off. This would be the system I would suggest. You literally have to pound the banner into the velcro using a small mallet until it pops in. Assuming the surface they are mounted on is smooth
Did these roll down the road or was this just sitting still?

Jeremiah

I sold a 30" x 60" banner to our neighbor. He wanted to install it on his smooth metal trailer. First he put a few 6" strips on it and the trailer. Wind came along and it was down. Then he installed velcro on all of the edge. It lasted for 5 months thru wind and rain. Until he closed for the season. Worked great if done right . .

Christian @ 2CT Media

As Visual800 said, this is done with vhb dual lock. You can do truck curtains, billboards, wall murals, even hold up acrylic, cap, and other panels.

Dual lock is about 3x the price of velcro but you only need 1 side unless you choose a low contact style. The VHB version is about 25% more than the standard.

NP_18

As Visual800 said, this is done with vhb dual lock. You can do truck curtains, billboards, wall murals, even hold up acrylic, cap, and other panels.

Dual lock is about 3x the price of velcro but you only need 1 side unless you choose a low contact style. The VHB version is about 25% more than the standard.

Where are yall getting the vhb dual lock in just the hook or loop? Everywhere I check it seems to be full sets of hook and loop only.

EDIT: I see now.. both sides are the same.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it goes to show, you can teach an old dog new tricks, but I need to see it in action, so please, to the OP, when this thing is hung, please send in an overall shot and some closeups.

:thankyou: