• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Instant One Media?

thesignguy1986

Wondering I read a post from 1 guy on here saying he is using this material and I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this? I went to their site and its fishy I can't find a phone number or anything or where they are from and that concerns me. Then I see the pricing and it is cheap compared to the products they compare supposedly to. I am just looking for a little feedback if possible and if someone knows if the company itself is reliable

tbullo

Superunknown
I noticed the same thing. I went to order the free sample and I noticed that they want you to enter your credit card for shipping on an unsecured page. Looked strange to me as well.

tbullo

Superunknown
Well my sample just arived from UPS. I never gave them a credit card number on the site but they shipped it. Came from Atlanta. I did get a phone number and a little letter in the box. I will gave it a try and update later.

thesignguy1986

Well my sample just arived from UPS. I never gave them a credit card number on the site but they shipped it. Came from Atlanta. I did get a phone number and a little letter in the box. I will gave it a try and update later.
I would appreciate that and yes I did find the phone number and the address that is supposed to be theirs on the website. I just want to make sure obviously its not some scam site where next thing you know you have $0 in your bank.

InstantOneMedia

After talking to you yesterday, I looked into why your order went through w/o cc info. I tried to order, but am forced to enter info. Perhaps that glitch has been fixed by IT.

Our SSL certificate is also installed and verified.

Vinylman

I received my sample yesterday, and gave it a try. Very decent product. No changes on my Mimaki, went right to print, and sample seems to hold ink well. Did not get laminate sample. I am going to try applying this test piece this afternoon on a truck corner to test the flexibility and conform-ability.

BTW: the product came from Atlanta in only two days. So far so good.

rdmdarr

how big was the sample? Looking for an alternative to the general formulations we have been using on our temporary signs. Need a sample than I can actually print on, not just look at.

Thanks.

I received my sample yesterday, and gave it a try. Very decent product. No changes on my Mimaki, went right to print, and sample seems to hold ink well. Did not get laminate sample. I am going to try applying this test piece this afternoon on a truck corner to test the flexibility and conform-ability.

BTW: the product came from Atlanta in only two days. So far so good.

thesignguy1986

I got my sample as well as the laminate and had no issues. I actually ordered a whole roll of it glossy 54" and so far have been pleased. Im not concerned about it holding ink or going through printer because it does that fine but want to see how it holds up outdoor unlaminated, since we do a lot of stickers short term but really no complaints from me and I will be buying lots more. Makes yard signs and stuff much easier

thesignguy1986

how big was the sample? Looking for an alternative to the general formulations we have been using on our temporary signs. Need a sample than I can actually print on, not just look at.

Thanks.
My samples was something like 10-15 feet of vinyl. Very nice size where I actually printed a few yard signs and stickers off of.

AceSignsOnline

Very interesting. I may have to buy a roll to try out for some internal work.

Oh and for what it's worth, the number is indeed posted on their site. I found it on the About Us page.

rparsons

We've been using it for a while and I called today to order a couple of rolls. Since tomorrow is "Talk Like A Pirate Day" I was told that if I call and order tomorrow in my best pirate voice, I'll get $10 off per roll.

Arrrrr!

4R Graphics

There site is fishy looking but there good to go (there actually a large company that had this vinyl custom made for them and have now decided to offer it to the public) I called and talked to Don Berglund really nice guy he sent me out a sample of material and laminate.

Material seems to be good compared to like materials thin calendered vinyl we are a big user of Oracal 3651 and 210 and this seems to be very close but with air release (yes I know they make 3651 air release).

According to Don this material is also clean removable which NON of the other calandered vinyls are.

I currentlly have a piece applied to bare aluminum and I am running it through a friends thermal chamber it currently is sitting at -60 degrees (yes negative 60) for the last 4 hours and I will turn the heat up to 250 degrees here in the next few minutes and let it sit there for a few hours.

I am going to repeat this tomorrow and I will post Friday how it turned out.

I applied 1 piece on a flat surface and another on a humped surface and I bridged the humps heated it and pushed it down not a big stretch but about a 1/2 inch max (remember this is calandered vinyl).

Will let you know Friday

If anyone decides to order rolls or wants more info call 404.228.6329 and ask for Donald Berglund tell him you read about it on signs101 and Berry Rennie from 4R Graphics sent you (if he says who tell him the shipping software guy) he will know.

4R Graphics

Ok I have changed the testing conditions and I applied 3 pieces of vinyl to bare aluminum that has ridges so we heated and applied the vinyl.

The 3 pieces of vinyl are:
1. instant one media gloss vinyl with there laminate.
2. oracal 3651 gloss with 210 gloss laminate.
3. oracal 3651 gloss with 210 mate laminate.

Right now they are at -60 degrees and after 4 hours I will move them to a +195 degree chamber. There will be no cool down or heat up time simply went from room (72 degrees) straight into a -60 f degree chamber and then straight to a +195f degree chamber (both chambers for 4 hours each) then I will remove and let sit at room 72 degrees for about 10 hours. Once they have sat for about 10 hours I will take pictures and then remove them from the aluminum and take pictures to show the clean removability.

I took pictures of the vinyl before they were heated and set to show the bridged gap and pictures of the vinyl on the aluminum just before going into the temp chamber tests.

As of right now the only thing I can say is this:
Comparing instant one media against oracal 3651 the 3651 is a bit more flexible or flimsy (softer) the instant one media seems a little more plasticy.
3651 has a grey adhesive instant one media has a clear adhesive.
instan one medias white seems a little pinker than 3651 (actually if you put thme side by side 3651 seems to have a slight blue hue and instant one media seems to have a slight pink hue) with no laminate just the vinyl (i have pictures).

I will post up all pictures and descriptions Saturday when the removal test is complete ( I am taking pics during every step so you guys can see for yourself the outcome).

The reason for the temp changes is that i did some research and found that 3651 is only tested at -40 and +176 but 3m IJ35C is tested at -59 and +192 since I dont have any IJ35C to test I figured I would push the 3651 and the instant one media vinyl to the 3M standards just to see what happens.

My personnal opinion at this point is it would be just fine as a replacement for 3651RA or Ij35C especially at the price point it is.
Besides how many people actually put calandered vinyl into a job that would see -40 or +176?.
I live in north Florida and to be honest I dont think any metal surface in direct sun all day is going to get above 120 degrees (dont have to worry about cold much).

Will post the pics tomorrow.

2B

@ 4R

very detailed testing, look forward to your conclusion and the pics.

you previously mention you were going to test the conform ability to surface, how did that go.
Did the application of heat change the color hue?
with is Plastic feel what sort of material memory did it have? did the heat curl it or relax the vinyl during install

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I too, have used the Instant One media Vinyl and have no problem with it. He promises to order grey adhesive on the next container load he orders....

4R Graphics

Sorry for the delay I have had stuff going on I do not have the pics available on this computer but I will try to get them up asap.

Ok to answer a few questions:

Heat relaxed the vinyl just like any other vinyl.

Heat did not seem to effect the color.

if you over heat the vinyl its clean release is not as good (will leave some residue behind)

The biggest problem I saw was that the laminate seems to be the weak point.

When we took a piece that was laminated and heated lightly to conform it to the 1/2" drop it set great no problems but where we had run the squegee to press it down in the corner _ edge it seemed that when we subjected it to heat (195 degrees or higher never tested lower than that except extreme cold) the laminate seemed to lift and shrink up on the edge you will see in the pics.

My personal opinion is the vinyl is perfect for anything you would want an air release vinyl that is clean removable in an enviroment or life cycle that you would use 3651 or IJ35C for I wouldnt go out wrapping any cars with it.

The residue that was left behind in a few test was easy to remove just by rubbing it with your finger (it really turned to goo and almost seemed to not be effected by rubbing alcohol weird)

Anyways thats my 2 cents please post up any questions and I will answer them the best I can based on the testing I did and I hope to get the pics up in the next day or so.