• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Intimidated by new competition

C

ColoPrinthead

ejGRSUz.jpg

I can't compete with this level of design and marketing; time to retire.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought the two people were in some kinda pavement hovering vehicle.

Looks like they have a nice truck out back, too.​

Sindex Printing

Go introduce your self and talk to them and create a relationship that you can outsource jobs to if you feel lf you can't compete with them. Remember that they are a small business and we all have struggles that others don't see at one point in time. There is a reason why you have made it to this point.

I have had couple shops come open and everything looked great and they didn't last. One shop didn't last a year the other one had the attitude that no one could do better than them. They closed 18 months later.

StarSign

How close are they to your location, what do they offer that you don't.........we always laugh when a "new" guy comes to town because they always end up in a race to the bottom and gone within 2 years.

Brandon708

I think that shop looks really nice. The name is not that great though but in reality all the good names are taken.

So many people so quick to knock someone else's hard work that they have put into their business.

bannertime

I think that shop looks really nice. The name is not that great though but in reality all the good names are taken.

So many people so quick to knock someone else's hard work that they have put into their business.

I think a lot of good names have been taken, but I also say that about music. Until someone else comes up with something a bit more creative.

We hear the occasional joke about our name and I dish out a few too. No hurt feelings here. No one has said anything about quality of the work, and in fact besides the name, it's been mostly positive.

It's an unfortunate name, but that may just be the point. I don't think it'll be a name we forget.

rjssigns

Just Gargled them on the interwebs. Seems they do t-shirts. Still don't get the "hittn" part. Millenial slang perhaps?

Billct2

Like the storefront, hate the sign (and name). Looking at their website they have a ton of experience in garments & wraps. They have no signs in their portfolio

unclebun

Must be a franchise? Their website says they are a screenprinter in Orlando, FL that also does wraps and signs.

Quote from their "About Us":
Custom Signs:
Although we do not advertise as a sign company, Hittn’ Skins has the capability to produce all types of signsfor both indoor & outdoor use. We have a variety of sign applications ranging from indoor displays to full color storefront & sign packages. A nice sign can truly enhance any space and draw people into your business. Our sign portfolio is extremely diverse, we have created signs for all types of clients ranging from high end loft studio entrance signage to simple 1 color political yard signs you see all over town during the elections. We try not to compete with the run of the mill sign companies, but rather offer our clients completely custom options like 3d foam or mixed media type displays that are good looking & functional.
Agree that the name is stupid.