• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

intro of my self

junery

hi my name is nery and im new about this but i really want to learn how to do sign and vinyl sign so any help would be great for a beggineer for me by the way my english is not so good but i will try please help me t oachive my american dream
if there is anyone around los angeles area who can teach me the ropes of this bussiness that would ber great
thanks and god bless you

PGSigns

Welcome to signs 101.
There is a lot of info here to get you started. Just start by reading the threads in the areas that interest you to get a feel for what goes on. You can read for days and only get a small taste of the klowledge that is preserved here.
Jimmy
:Welcome:

skyhigh

This is about as rude as it gets. Just a little out of line...............

I've heard much worse....I wouldn't have asked it, but it crossed my mind.
GV, have you read many of OP's posts lately?

Welcome Nery... and as High Impact said....see if you can get some experience working at an existing shop for a while.

gvgraphics

I've heard much worse....I wouldn't have asked it, but it crossed my mind.
GV, have you read many of OP's posts lately?

Welcome Nery... and as High Impact said....see if you can get some experience working at an existing shop for a while.

Oh, yea! Getting a little harsh around here lately.

signage

Another welcome from PA..
And again best way to learn is working for someone else, this way you get paid to learn

Velocity

Sorry I cant help lend a hand, im in Florida. But welcome to the site. Lots of good information here. Most are good people as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think any of these guys/gals are being rude with their comments or questions. They might be worded a little rough, but you can't be thinned skinned no matter what language you speak.

Had a guy, some years ago apply for a job at out shop. His work was fantastic. He could gild, screen print, hand letter, run quite a few software programs, knew all about vinyl and he was Dominican. However, I only found all of this information out about him through an interpreter. He knew about three English words. Okay, No and Oh. In the ½ hour that we talked, I finally asked the interpreter to stop translating. We just talked, but didn’t communicate on any level except by pointing and nodding. After two minutes of that, I asked how much an hour he wanted. I then asked how much the translator wanted an hour because I couldn’t convey a blasted thing to this guy. There were a few words that he recognized like ‘Gerber, a few color names and some other words that are the same in both languages, but I couldn’t have made any money with this guy, not being able to tell him what I needed or even answer the phone. It’s a shame, but these things do matter some times.
Sorry for being:thread