• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Introduction New to 101

Steve Boon

Hello All,

My name is Steve Boon and I am located in Marietta, OK. By trade I am an Electronic Engineer that designs and manufactures communication devices for hospitals and nursing homes. As part of my services I provide private labeling. For this I have a SP300V Roland printer/cutter. Everything I do is a three part process in where I print the image along with crop marks on vinyl, laminate with 5 mil Lexan, and return to SP300V for cutting. In the past this was always a silkscreen process that is expensive as it envolved color seperations and ruled dies for cutting. So, for low production the SP300 is a no brainer.

Recently, I had the pleasure of replacing one of my printing heads which by itself is very easy and simple. However, I was supprised at the lack of support by Roland. They do not provide service manuals for their printers and the "secret code" that allows users to replace parts and do more in depth ajustments. I can understand the atitude if this were a stolen machine but I think for 16K you should get a service manual, the "code" and any other support to get you up and running. I don't know about you folks but I don't take kindly to being told I have "no choice" but to spend $1800 on a service call!

Anyway, I now have the full service manual and code (at least for my SP300V). As I went through the replacement process I made notes to make the process easier next time. Really, it's a two part process in where the head is replaced in Section 3-1 and then Aligned in Section 4-4.

I look forward to trading ideas and information. No one should have to go through that kind of agravation.

Cheers!

MikePro

:Welcome::signs101: from wisconsin!

congrats on the replacement! ...i still remember my first time :)

I don't think its a stolen machine thing, its a proprietary thing. OEM makes them money, service techs keep their dirty little secrets, and 3rd parties make it harder for companies to recoup their R&D costs/profits.

player

I have an SP540V and would love to know more about head replacement. I found the manual sparse and there were a few processes I could not decipher. Well done that you figured it out!