• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invoicing software?

Colin

The invoicing software (PROVENTURE 1.0) that I've been using for many years was written for Windows 95 & 98, so I don't imagine it will install on my new Win7 (64 bit) machine. Any recommendations for what other invoicing software to use?

I also have installed Office 2010 if that means anything in terms of integration.

mrfern

old pc

Collin,

Have you tried to use VMWARE as a virtual machine for the old software inside your pc? I had the same issues so I loaded VMWARE on my PC and now run Roland Color Choice V4.5 RIP on Windows XP inside my windows 7 PC. Works like a champ. The windows 7 PC is x64 and I run a x32 Windows XP machine inside it. You can do this for MAC as well running parallels.

www.vmware (dot com)

good luck
mrfern :notworthy:

Mosh

I use quick-books, it is the same version I have been using since 1998, and I have it loaded on a win 7 machine.

Colin

Have you tried to use VMWARE as a virtual machine for the old software inside your pc? I had the same issues so I loaded VMWARE on my PC and now run Roland Color Choice V4.5 RIP on Windows XP inside my windows 7 PC. Works like a champ. The windows 7 PC is x64 and I run a x32 Windows XP machine inside it. You can do this for MAC as well running parallels.

I have VM installed, but would ideally like to have any invoicing software running on 7, and not have to go into virtual mode if I can.

GypsyGraphics

Any recommendations for what other invoicing software to use?
oh i dunno.... hummm...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
HOW ABOUT FILEMAKER PRO!!!!

oh-my-frigg'n-god.... what's a girl gotta do to get you to look at her stuff!!!!

jumping up and down... waving my arms here!!!!

GG's FileMaker Pro show & tell

gezzzz... i did videos/screencasts tutorials... i'm even given ya my database to play with for crying out loud.

opps, i meant to say... hey colin, why not check out FileMaker Pro.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Thanks for that. I just wanted something really simple, and just for invoicing. After searching online for a while, I found a few that were available, but they had poor reviews, or wouldn't work on 7. Then I found this (with good reviews) and it's on for half price right now, so that'll be what I get:

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/c...edCode=WW&cmSearchKeyword=nch+express+invoice

("NCH Express Invoice" in case the link dies.)

http://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/index.html

ooo ... after looking at it ... i might buy this.

GypsyGraphics

Thanks for that. I just wanted something really simple, and just for invoicing.

yeah, that's what i said a couple of years ago, and then last year just wanted invoicing and contact management. when i read and watch FMP videos i really thought i was way more than i needed too.

pm'ing you with a link to my screencasts

iSign

HOW ABOUT FILEMAKER PRO!!!!

oh-my-frigg'n-god.... what's a girl gotta do to get you to look at her stuff!!!!

jumping up and down... waving my arms here!!!!

be careful, I'm not sure whatcha gotta do, but I know whatcha might not wanna say :omg:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

j/k Colin :Big Laugh

Replicator

Windows 7 Professional & Ultimate have a built in emulator called "Virtual Machine (or) XP Mode".

Easy to set up and you can run any XP program in that environment while simultaneously running Windows 7.

Good luck !