• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Invoicing software?

Chad.

We use Freshbook.com

It's a hosted online invoicing system (yes there is a monthly fee) however, it eliminates paper for the most part, invoices your client instantly, AND it shows when they click the link to view it, so there is never any doubt that it has been received.

I love when customers tell me they never got their bill, and i show them where there have viewed it multiple times. The dumbfounded looks never get old. You can also track, manage, and create invoices on your iphone using their app.

You can also set up recurring invoices if you offer maintenance contracts, and it allows them to pay directly online via CC or Paypal. Your client also has access to their full account history and come tax time, this keeps them from having to call you for lost invoices.

I switched 2 years ago and will never go back to conventional software based billing. The convenience of being able to make an invoice anywhere, from any machine is also a plus.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Invoicing Software

The invoicing software (PROVENTURE 1.0) that I've been using for many years was written for Windows 95 & 98, so I don't imagine it will install on my new Win7 (64 bit) machine. Any recommendations for what other invoicing software to use?

I also have installed Office 2010 if that means anything in terms of integration.

Take a look at Freshbooks.com for invoicing - very nice and simple.

Also, take a look at Sign-Tracker.com for all your other shop needs.

Colin

We use Freshbook.com

.....it shows when they click the link to view it, so there is never any doubt that it has been received.

I love when customers tell me they never got their bill, and i show them where there have viewed it multiple times. The dumbfounded looks never get old.

LOL..........love it!

Redwave Signs

I started using NCH Express Invoice. Simple, low cost, easy to use. There are a few features I wish it had, but it gets the job done. Office Depot had it on sale for $20.00 a few weeks ago.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
The invoicing software (PROVENTURE 1.0) that I've been using for many years was written for Windows 95 & 98, so I don't imagine it will install on my new Win7 (64 bit) machine. Any recommendations for what other invoicing software to use?

I also have installed Office 2010 if that means anything in terms of integration.

I still use Proventure Billing Solutions on a Win7 32bit machine. Runs like a top.

John L

We use "Invoice2go". We have it on one desktop, 1 ipad, and 3 iphones. The ipad and iphone sync through the data connection back to the desktop automatically whenever they are used to make an invoice out in the field... and they sync very soon after an invoice is wrote so that the office is always showing current. The author is going to add desktop-to-mobile device syncing within the next couple months they told me.

I dont get their pricing structure, if you look into it you'll see what I mean. and it is kinda pricey for (what seems like) a simple program. I find it worth the cost and dont even think about it. We really like it and there have been no glitches with the syncing feature.

GypsyGraphics

ugh... i've peeked a few times at this thread, even though i've found the holy grail, just out of curiosity.

i know what works for me isn't necessarily the "ideal" solution for everyone, and you're probably thinking "enough already" on the FMP thing...

BUT...

i can't help but think, looking at software that is so limited or out of date, is like deciding to limit your business needs, deciding to stay small instead of looking at a solution you can grow into.

i spent a year making my decision, didn't want to just willy-nilly jump into another way of invoicing just to get away from using excel. i was as concerned about the investment in time as i was learning something new... there just never be enough time for either. i can always find time for fun stuff... but hate this kinda sh!t and NEVER want to have to do this again.

the transition was MUCH MUCH easier than i ever anticipated and other than getting all my contacts in.... the amount of time and frustration i've saved was worth the initial effort from day one!

if your thinking FMP is more than what you need, are you also thinking you don't want more for your business???

ok... shutting up now. (the crowd cheers)

iSign

if your thinking FMP is more than what you need, are you also thinking you don't want more for your business???

ok... shutting up now. (the crowd cheers)

especially since I own it already... I'm going to vow right now, to myself to give those modifications a real test drive...

I hate this kind of sh!t too... but with all the praise and excitement you've expressed in how well it works, AND the relative ease with which it came about (once your husband did all the hard work :omg:) ...I don't see any reason not to see if i can benefit from all that hard work too...