• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is anyone using 3rd party ink for jv3

wavegypsy

Is anyone using 3rd party ink for jv3?
I have only used Mimaki ink. Any recommendations of what works or what to stay away from would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shico123

Bordeaux INK is 100% Mix & Match to the OEM

I had 2 Mimaki JV3 and work with Bordeaux INK all time. saved a lot of $$$ with out compromising on quality

Last edited by a moderator:

M@CK

Don't use the Sericol WUA inks, they really suck.
The BP inks were really great though, unfortunately unavailable any more.

MikePro

Used OEM for 4years with no issues... switched to Bordeaux and aside from the MUCH stronger solvent odor, had no issues for 1.5yrs UNTIL dotdotdot (search my threads for head issues/replacements).
can't blame the ink for my issues, since there's no real way to tell... but I blame the ink.... or at least the last batch i got from Bordeaux.
Fellers sells it too, but Advantage is a Merchant Member here and they carry Triangle Inx brand which is worth looking into.

heard great things about Triangle Inx... talk to Artbot, he'll sing their praises and I'll sing his praises, and longstory short... Triangle's really good. I'm pretty sure I'm switching over to Triangle Bulk Inx in the near future.
oya, and they're 75% the cost of OEM.

MikePro

oya, and there's a search option on these forums... there's at least 2 other threads with tons of input on this topic for Mimaki/whateverprinter already.

thewood

heard great things about Triangle Inx... talk to Artbot, he'll sing their praises and I'll sing his praises, and longstory short... Triangle's really good. I'm pretty sure I'm switching over to Triangle Bulk Inx in the near future.
oya, and they're 75% the cost of OEM.

We've ran the bulk Triangle JVS inks on the JV3 for 7 years now and have found them to be superior to OEM in color, durability, and price.

MikePro

osnap, didn't know you ran em too, thewood...
ima jump on the bandwagon soon enuff, as soon as I get a budget for printer parts + bulk system (very very soon!!!)

WB

Both our JV3's are running third party inks, haven't had an issues. We build our own ICC profiles so coolours shifts never really bothered me. I'm getting the Ink from ND graphics, they're branding as their own "Ink Brite" but I believe it's from the same manufactures that made the ElevenTen inks

signswi

Triangle, color is very good, odor is a bit strong. Ran ElevenTen before that and it wasn't great, color lacked vibrancy.

I would prefer to run Solaris Eco-Solvent but wasn't an option for a variety of reasons.

kkamauu

I have ran the triangle bulk 1ltr inks for 5 years no real problems - using JV3 - 160s. However our print heads only last about a year. Is that due to the ink? that is a rumor i heard.

On our JV33 im still using the original cartridges - Im debating switching that over but havent decided yet.

Mochistlan

are you going to use bulk system

do you have bulk system.
I can recommend the WUA in from Sericol.
I have several printers in central america and Caribbean using that ink with no problem on mimakis using DX4 and DX 5 epson print head.
where are you located.

tbaker

I used Triangle bulk inks for years, an outstanding color gamut, love the big tanks so I could see when I was low, and apart from a stronger smell, I had no complaints as to the quality of the ink. With after market ink consistency from batch to batch is one of the biggest killers, that was never a problem with Triangle's ink.

robracer

Using Meagink from Europe, Sericol down here distribute it, its a corn based eco solvent ink. we go through heaps & basically its a bit harder on heads but most non OEM inks will be. I am paying about $220 for 1 Ltr & the aussie dollar is pretty much on par with the USD at the moment for comparison.

CropMarks

Some local guys around here have been using a new ink from the uk with no problems in their Mimaki printers. It's called DigITL - http://www.itlgb.com/

I got the stuff in 1 ltr bottles for $110 each for my Roland.

The only US distributor that I know of is Richards Distribution in Michigan.
http://www.richdistinc.com/
Denny the owner is a pretty good guy.

Miked.

OldInk

After 3 years of using OEM ink in our JV3 we switched to Lyson and have had excellent results with it, using it for around 1 1/2 years now. Noticed no real difference when we switched, at lower cost. Considering Digitl ink because it is still a bit more cost effective.