• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

John Don't Go!

CES020

I have a 7200 posts of helping people. I'm sure many of them were for you

So "many" of your 7200 posts were helping me? Wow....what planet are you living on?

You say you're too busy to help on this forum any more, then you go off post after post on this thread. Which is it? You're too busy to help, or you just don't want to help any more. Either is fine, just don't come here saying how slammed you are and you don't have time to post, then show up multiple times a day to post on this thread that isn't helping anyone.

I wish you were back posting more. I learned a lot from you. But to swoop in after not posting for 6 months and criticize Fred for banning someone you thought shouldn't be banned, for posting things you didn't see at the time is odd.

HulkSmash

So "many" of your 7200 posts were helping me? Wow....what planet are you living on?

You say you're too busy to help on this forum any more, then you go off post after post on this thread. Which is it? You're too busy to help, or you just don't want to help any more. Either is fine, just don't come here saying how slammed you are and you don't have time to post, then show up multiple times a day to post on this thread that isn't helping anyone.

I wish you were back posting more. I learned a lot from you. But to swoop in after not posting for 6 months and criticize Fred for banning someone you thought shouldn't be banned, for posting things you didn't see at the time is odd.

Good Grief. I'm not criticizing Fred. I'm telling people like you to look beyond the small things.

CES020

You're not telling people like me to look beyond the small things, I am a fan of John. How many times in this thread have I said I wished he was here and he was helpful?

Don't you have a flight to be on or something?

Heaven forbid you take the time to stop by the wrap section and post something.

qmr55

You're not telling people like me to look beyond the small things, I am a fan of John. How many times in this thread have I said I wished he was here and he was helpful?

Don't you have a flight to be on or something? Good one, chachi.

You get on people about being here to argue, but you keep egging him on don't you? Want the arguing and what not to stop? Stop paying attention to it. Ignore it and it will go away.

HulkSmash

Don't you have a flight to be on or something?

Engraving and t shirt section looks pretty empty too. be sure to add something for those guys.

CES020

You get on people about being here to argue, but you keep egging him on don't you? Want the arguing and what not to stop? Stop paying attention to it. Ignore it and it will go away.

It's the only interaction I get with the "pro's", so I take what I can get :notworthy:

Joe Diaz

yep, that's a fact.

Did you see the image John posted that led to all of this? If you did, explain to me what was funny about it. Perhaps I personally don't have a sense of humor because I didn't get that one, and I find all sorts of things funny. Perhaps John did post a few funny things, but then he wasn't reprimanded for posting those things was he? If you didn't see the image or some of the stuff that has been happening behind the scenes, then perhaps you can't see where some of us are coming from because you don't understand the context. So I guess I don't see bob or your point, because having a sense of humor doesn't seem to be the issue here. I know you personally can relate somewhat to some of us so called "cry babies", because of the personal story you told about why you don't share your full name or post your work here. So based on that, I would assume you have an idea of why things went down the way they did... and it wasn't because people here don't have a sense of humor.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Did you see the image John posted that led to all of this? If you did, explain to me what was funny about it. Perhaps I personally don't have a sense of humor because I didn't get that one, and I find all sorts of things funny. Perhaps John did post a few funny things, but then he wasn't reprimanded for posting those things was he? If you didn't see the image or some of the stuff that has been happening behind the scenes, then perhaps you can't see where some of us are coming from because you don't understand the context. So I guess I don't see bob or your point, because having a sense of humor doesn't seem to be the issue here. I know you personally can relate somewhat to some of us so called "cry babies", because of the personal story you told about why you don't share your full name or post your work here. So based on that, I would assume you have an idea of why things went down the way they did... and it wasn't because people here don't have a sense of humor.

I told myself I wasn't going to post on this thread
anymore but... I have to agree with Joe here...

It was not just that one image... there were many. Most
not shared on the forum, but sent to members on the forum.

John was pals with all of us designers he went after, we
didn't respond the way he would have preferred and
then became the target of his aggression...
This has been going on for YEARS. I'm sure some of
you have a few of those drawings... got a big laugh at
them huh?

It had nothing to do with humor, satire or whimsy...
As he states himself... A REBUKE... Again, who is he?

What's all the bitching about anyway... HE LEFT! He was
out the door anyway, all that happened was the door
was closed behind him. Pretty sure he was far enough
where it missed his arse.

Marlene

do you understand a general response and not one to topic? when bob said some don't have a sense of humor it was in general and so was my answer. as far as people going too far, yes I have seen that and not just by John. I figure like me, the abused will handle it. I won't post my name or my work and that is how I deal with it.

player

So it seems we agree that John might have gone a little too far, and that he also has a lot of experience and value he could contribute to the site.

Can he get back if he promises to tone it down a bit?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
So it seems we agree that John might have gone a little too far, and that he also has a lot of experience and value he could contribute to the site.

Can he get back if he promises to tone it down a bit?

John nor anyone else adrift in these waters is some sort of elementary school child from whom promises are exacted nor to whom punishments are meted out. Most everyone here on both sides of the fence is, or should be, an adult and can put up with something or not as it might please them to do so. If you don't like it here, don't participate. If the apparatus here doesn't want you to play, it's their game to operate anyway they see fit.

That last bit about promising to be a good little boy is so dripping with condescension that it would cause any normal person to gag.

player

John nor anyone else adrift in these waters is some sort of elementary school child from whom promises are exacted nor to whom punishments are meted out. Most everyone here on both sides of the fence is, or should be, an adult and can put up with something or not as it might please them to do so. If you don't like it here, don't participate. If the apparatus here doesn't want you to play, it's their game to operate anyway they see fit.

That last bit about promising to be a good little boy is so dripping with condescension that it would cause any normal person to gag.

I don't understand what this even means.

TimToad

I'm not sure it has much to do with the thickness of skin of anybody, or anyone needing "to put up with" with what they or the moderator of the site deems as offensive or behavior outside the stated conduct policy. To me, its just that simple.

IMHO, throwing any of it back on those feeling the insult or pinpointed as the target of the insult falls into the "blaming the victim" category.

On your last point, I didn't get condescension at all. I got, "I'm willing to overlook the feelings of others, so I can keep getting advice from someone I know to cross certain boundaries. That my friend is a very self-interested lack of empathy for others and a major character flaw in the typical, prevalent American mindset.

Its what allows 1 in 4 women to be sexually assaulted during their lifetime because we don't want to lose face with "the guys". Its what allows the news media to focus on how a particular young black male might be dressed or was arrested for something in their youth instead of the fact that he was innocently gunned down by a BART transit cop in the case of Oscar Grant ( as depicted in Fruitvale Station ), or in Ferguson recently, or in Sanford, FL or any of the other myriad of similar cases.

Its what excuses animal cruelty, mean spirited bullying in schools, passerbys casually walking past victims of crimes, etc. etc.

Am I piling on for effect? Probably, but I don't see the difference in any of it.

There's plenty of meanness in the world, most of us don't come here to get more of it and shouldn't have to choose between, "putting up with it" or not participating.