• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

John Don't Go!

skyhigh

Yes people hated us. But we enjoyed ourselves.

That sums it up pretty well.....
You don't have to act in such a way that people "hate" you, or you ruin their flight (or in this case, their time on signs 101) to enjoy yourself.

As for being helpful.......I don't recall the member in question being that insightful. Perhaps your definition of "helpful" was providing you a laugh at someone else's expense? As Fred had mentioned, I don't recall him or gino ever posting an example of their work, or a revision to help someone else.

Troll on Colorado. :thumb:

HulkSmash

That sums it up pretty well.....
You don't have to act in such a way that people "hate" you, or you ruin their flight (or in this case, their time on signs 101) to enjoy yourself.

As for being helpful.......I don't recall the member in question being that insightful. Perhaps your definition of "helpful" was providing you a laugh at someone else's expense? As Fred had mentioned, I don't recall him or gino ever posting an example of their work, or a revision to help someone else.

Troll on Colorado. :thumb:

People hated us because we were having a good time while they read their news paper?

Not surprised you chimed in on a drama thread. That's about all you do here
People express themselves differently. Try leaving your house once in a while, and realize everything isn't black and white.

I'm not defending anyone. I actually understand John went a bit overboard. But as mentioned, his good outweighed his bad. I think you were one of his victims for a while. I can see why you are so sour.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not defending anyone. I actually understand John went a bit overboard. But as mentioned, his good outweighed his bad. I think you were one of his victims for a while. I can see why you are so sour.

Signs 101 doesn't need any victims. You are defending having fun at the expense of those around you.

HulkSmash

Signs 101 doesn't need any victims. You are defending having fun at the expense of those around you.

I'm not defending having fun. Don't make silly comments Fred, please. I'm a professional when it comes to the industry but at the same time understand jokes. If it's offending someone then obviously it's a problem. All i said was let's try to look at the positive rather than every negative point.

I AGREED somethings were overboard. Nothing that would offend me, but I understand people take things differently. If you guys ever tried to connect with John he's a good guy with a plethora of information. He gave me a ton of advice on some branding i was doing, and at the same time even did some designs he was willing to give me for free. All im saying there is more to him then what he shows of himself.

skyhigh

Not surprised you chimed in on a drama thread. That's about all you do here

hahaha.....and is it any surprise, this is your 12th post (to my one) in this "drama thread". Tell you anything?

PS. You are right about one thing......... I do need to get out of the house more.:Big Laugh

qmr55

I'm not defending having fun. Don't make silly comments Fred, please. I'm a professional when it comes to the industry but at the same time understand jokes. If it's offending someone then obviously it's a problem. All i said was let's try to look at the positive rather than every negative point.

I AGREED somethings we're overboard. Nothing that would offend me, but I understand people take things differently. If you guys ever tried to connect with John he's a good guy with a plethora of information. He gave me a ton of advice on some branding i was doing, and at the same time even did some designs he was willing to give me for free. All im saying there is more to him then what he shows of himself.

were*

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

I AGREED somethings we're overboard. Nothing that would offend me, but I understand people take things differently. If you guys ever tried to connect with John he's a good guy with a plethora of information. He gave me a ton of advice on some branding i was doing, and at the same time even did some designs he was willing to give me for free. All im saying there is more to him then what he shows of himself.

But you are defending it by pointing out offsetting positive behavior. I don't think you actually saw the image under discussion. It was personal and it was intended to make fun of a member's physical appearance.

I've had lots of positive interaction with John. That doesn't change the fact that this post was wrong, hurtful to the member it was directed at and harmful to Signs 101 overall.

Frankly I think your points are flawed. Members have a right to come here and post without fear of being ridiculed or having their physical appearance made fun of instead of their post points discussed. It's not unlike the legal principle of the "right to quiet enjoyment". Your group's airline behavior, for example, was a violation of other passenger's rights to quiet enjoyment of the passage they purchased. Your fun was a problem for at least 12 passengers who complained, yet you think it was perfectly OK because it was fun for you.

You can respond with freedom of speech and I will reply that any post in this venue is subject to moderation as a condition of membership and the right to post at all.

Techman

Don't make silly comments Fred, please.

A major challenge in our country. We forgot our manners.
Or maybe some do not know the true meanings of their words.. Lets look at it..

adjective
adjective: silly; comparative adjective: sillier; superlative adjective: silliest

having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; absurd and foolish.

synonyms: foolish, stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, brainless, mindless, witless, imbecilic, doltish; thoughtless, rash, reckless, foolhardy, irresponsible;
halfwitted, lamebrained; chowderheaded;

"don't be so silly"
unwise, imprudent, thoughtless, foolish, stupid, idiotic, senseless, mindless;
rash, reckless, foolhardy, irresponsible, injudicious, misguided, irrational;

ridiculously trivial or frivolous.

a foolish person (often used as a form of address).

HulkSmash

A major challenge in our country. We forgot our manners.
Or maybe some do not know the true meanings of their words.. Lets look at it..

adjective
adjective: silly; comparative adjective: sillier; superlative adjective: silliest

having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; absurd and foolish.

synonyms: foolish, stupid, unintelligent, idiotic, brainless, mindless, witless, imbecilic, doltish; thoughtless, rash, reckless, foolhardy, irresponsible;
halfwitted, lamebrained; chowderheaded;

"don't be so silly"
unwise, imprudent, thoughtless, foolish, stupid, idiotic, senseless, mindless;
rash, reckless, foolhardy, irresponsible, injudicious, misguided, irrational;

ridiculously trivial or frivolous.

a foolish person (often used as a form of address).

definition #1 seems to cover it. Thanks.

Techman

definition #1 seems to cover it. Thanks.

So, you are saying fred is all that..
sheesh
Your statement is hardly valid from any perspective...
Fred is a wise old fox and would never fit the definition of silly. But some statements on this thread certainly do. None of which came from the admin here.

I wish i had his patience.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
smart.jpg

HulkSmash

So, you are saying fred is all that..
sheesh
Your statement is hardly valid from any perspective...
Fred is a wise old fox and would never fit the definition of silly. But some statements on this thread certainly do. None of which came from the admin here.

For someone trying to be clever, and intelligent - you're looking mighty "silly" right now.

If you open your eyes and read - i said "silly COMMENTS" Not "silly Fred"

If you're going to try and instigate at least make sense.

...Speaking of major problems our country has :banghead:

Marlene

it is beginning to look like Fred has banned all the wrong people. talk about nasty rude bullies, this place is loaded with them

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
it is beginning to look like Fred has banned all the wrong people. talk about nasty rude bullies, this place is loaded with them

Worse, this bunch seems totally devoid of anything resembling a sense of humor.

CES020

Imagine what this forum would be like if they spent the time helping people instead of posting on this thread.