• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Error 10 - wtf???

speedmedia

Hey all,
I have a JV3 I have had fro roughly 3 years. From day 1 this thing gave random Error 10 commands. It happens at random whether vector or raster large or small file.

I have tried:
-New boards in both printer and computer
-different computer
-different op systems
-different firewire cords
-different locations
-on carpet, wood and tile floors
-while next to it standing on my head.

Advantage has and has had no interest in correcting the problem since I bought it and Mimaki doesn't seem to have a cure. I know numerous other JV3 users that have this same problem and nobody knows how to fix it...

Did I miss something? Has a solution been reached? Please someone give me some good news. I cannot even get a damn 14' box truck wrap out today, it keeps giving me the error. Has killed at least 4 panels today.

Thanks,
Kurt

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Do you know if the Fire wire card inside the PC has a Texas Instruments Chip set on it? I have seen a lot of communication errors because the PC doesn't have a fire wire card with a TI chipset. Go into device manager to check it.

speedmedia

Do you know if the Fire wire card inside the PC has a Texas Instruments Chip set on it? I have seen a lot of communication errors because the PC doesn't have a fire wire card with a TI chipset. Go into device manager to check it.

It does indeed. We switched it out and tried 3 or 4 different ones.

Thanks,
Kurt

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
You have probably already tried all of this but what version of firmware does the printer have and what version of Mimaki's fire wire driver are you using? Also what software and version of windows are you using?

speedmedia

Chris,
How do I check which drivers I am using? I am an Apple user and don't know much about PC.

I am running Windows 2000 business edition or whatever it is called. The rip is Rasterlink 2

Thanks,
Kurt

cptcorn

adad
Advantage has and has had no interest in correcting the problem since I bought it and Mimaki doesn't seem to have a cure. I know numerous other JV3 users that have this same problem and nobody knows how to fix it...

Interesting considering they're a merchant member here.

I would think Mimaki and Advantage would help you out considering I'm sure you'll want to purchase a new machine in the future.

speedmedia

Have you tried using a parallel cable instead?

That is the only think I have not tried. I figured why should I suffer with slow transfer because they build crap? lol

I guess if I absolutely have to I will do that but last resort.

Thanks,
Kurt

Letterbox Mike

Have you tried a shorter/different firewire cable? In addition to going through 5 firewire cards, we had to try at least 3 or 4 cables before we found the right combination...

Aside from that, I'd suspect you have the wrong Mimaki Firewire Driver installed. We actualyl had to backdate ours a version or two. Have you called Mimaki's tech support (I assume so hence your other post)? They are usually very helpful and bent over backwards to fix this same issue for us a couple years ago...

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Chris,
How do I check which drivers I am using? I am an Apple user and don't know much about PC.

I am running Windows 2000 business edition or whatever it is called. The rip is Rasterlink 2

Thanks,
Kurt

Kurt,

You need to go into Device Manager and inside there you will see a Mimaki 1394 listed, if you expand this window you will see two options, double click either of these and go to the driver tab and you should be able to see the driver version.

speedmedia

Thanks everyone!

I will mess with it over the weekend and see if I can get it going with the suggestions you have all given. If anyone has others I am open to hearing them as well.

Thanks,
Kurt

GARY CULY

Imay be off base here Kurt but im reading the problem as youll be printing and itll just stop righ in the middle[ or wherever]beep ..and stop?
mine does that a few times a year,not much,,so ive never freaked ,turn everything off,reboot and then it dont do it anytmore
NOW i was told to clean a couple places out ever so often...FLEXI>TEMP..theres a million little sortcuts i guess it places in there,every action you do or file you access,,delete all of those.
production manager has a "log file" ithink youll see them ..dont have no idea why it works but when i delete all of those ,my files transfer quicker to printer and never stops when printing till end.
theres also a temp files in windows i clean regularly .
might try those ,it cant hurt taking trash out that needs done anyways.

ColesCreations

We only get error 10 right in the beginning of a print, and usually only after aborting a previous job, so no big deal as long as it's discovered early. Then rebooting the printer fixes it.

Is yours doing this every time?

Hey Kurt,

Check what version of Firmware you have on your IF Board (Not Main Board) in the printer. I believe it's found under MAINTENANCE => INFORMATION => VERSION. If it's at 1.4 or below this could be your problem.

Also, Error 10 is a "Command Error" so could indicate that the RIP Software is actually sending bad data - There may be nothing wrong hardware-wise.

gabagoo

What rip are you using? I use Flexi and had error 20's I believe and it went on for close to a year and then we downloaded a newer revisioin of the software and loaded it and have never received an error again.