• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 reusing ink question

bovegas

My JV3 uses a lot of ink in regular cleaning. I have turned off everything except 24hr cleaning and still waste about half a liter of ink per month. So I ran tubes from each chanel from pump to individual bottle. My ink configuration is double CMYK. So when bottle is full I put it back in bulk ink systems. I am doing it for about 5 months and there is no issue with color. I am just wondering can this mess print heads somehow. For example does anything happens with ink when it goes through crystals in print heads. Maybe is stupid question but I would appreciate any answer. It does save me a lot of money for ink.

CS-SignSupply-TT

If you are "wasting about half a liter per month", you are losing about $45 per month -or- $2.05 per work day (22 work days per month). Is the waste worth a new printhead?

bovegas

No I dont filter it. It will be filtered through the dumper. For 5 months I dont have problem at all. You said I am risking print head. Can you please explain why?

bovegas

My question was if somebody in technical terms can explain is there any risk and why. Jhilldesigns I thought this is cool for people here at forum to know, so they will save some money on ink. The way you reply it sounds like Mimaki dealer who wants to sell their own ink or ignorant shop owner who is scared to use third party ink, because Mimaki dealer told him it will brake his printer. I dont know why I am getting this feeling you are second from above. Can somebody please answer my question with more inteligent answer. Thanks in advance

artbot

the only risk you run is the exposed ink may dehydrate a bit and become a higher viscosity. i did this with my white channel used a syringe hanging from the pump drain tube with a tiny hole at the top. over the hole then squirt it back into the refillable cart. the damper has a filter, the head manifold has an even finer filter.

gabagoo

I am at a complete loss here. Are you saying you put your waste ink back into the black reservoir? is it not a mixture of all inks and solvents from cleanings?

Your running a bulk system so you must be saving quite a bit on ink as to using the cartridges so I dont understand how much more you want to save?

I cant imagine what you do with cutoffs of vinyls and scraps of coro?

I can only say.....seriously?