• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Know your customers going in.....................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the right category, but it is a business problem, so here's where I put it. Anything wrong please accept my apologies. :thankyou:

Well, here’s a bummer.

We have a customer’s signed and dated quote along with a 50% deposit. Went out today to get a color match to paint the raceway. Sign on the door says…
"CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE”
This is in a strip mall and while I was there a bum was walking by and saw my peering in the window. He said, you’ll have to come back. Come back a lot later. The Police just closed them for bad things. I asked him like what ?? Drugs ?? No….. pipes, marijuana, and other drug-like stuff. :Oops:

I just talked to the guy last Friday and told him we’d be putting the channel letters up this week. He said great.

Turns out…. all of the owners, employees and people at all associated with this store is in trouble. Now what the heck am I gonna do with LED channels spelling a weird name ??

As long as these a$$holes are allegedly accused, I can’t do anything with these letters. I don’t think I can demand payment or anything else.

Any ideas….. besides shoot them ?? :banghead:

Steve, these are the letters I showed you last week. We might be putting this one on hold.......:ROFLMAO:

signage

Gino with the way you explain reading, can't you put them out front and mark them 1/2 off and sell them to an other new store opening:Big Laugh

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You can still demand payment. Doesn't mean you'll get it..but they still owe it to you.
What do the letters spell? What color? Size? Maybe somebody in here will take them or some off your hands at a good price. I had that happen, I did trade for a furniture place. Tons of signage etc. Then after they weren't returning my calls I went over there and it was being gutted. He tells me...well we're re-opening under a different name next year. Come back then...sorry. Still haven't opened.

btropical.com

Gino has Cheech not suffered enough , Keep the letters I think the med weed deal is big right now and you can allways trade Insert Bong smiley here

tsgstl

sounds like you should of traded the entire amount up front

at least you would have a smile on your face right now

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Use them as a sample in your shop. if you sell a couple more signs a year because they were there you never know ... plus you can always anagram them out.

What is the name so we can help you re-arrange them in a fun order?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I know I can get rid of the raceway at no loss... or just keep it for the next job. We bought a pre-built raceway and it was cheaper than out making one and possibly better. :Oops:
  • The letters are 24" tall.
  • Red acrylic faces with a 5" can white returns.
  • Helvetica.
A A I N N S V

If anyone's interested, I'll take a picture and post the letters up when I get back.

Baz

If you were a nice guy you could replace one of the "A" and one of the "N" with a "Y" and an "L" and you could install my name up on your shop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just imagin having SYLVAIN in 24" glowing letters. I think it would spruce up your neighbourhood a little bit. :covereyes:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
If you had an O you can do ..
San Vino which roughly is the italian for I believe saint wine :ROFLMAO: throw some grapes up and you're done. OOO OR NASA VINO or nasa wine and have a drunk astronaut!

set each letter up as an individual sales sample & offer them to resellers of yours at cost so that they can have professional working channel letter samples of their own in house..sounds perfect 24inch individual letters ..cant think of a better sample and you have SEVEN of them..just think of all the sales these could generate for you :) seven shops with great samples selling your wares..there's always an opportunity lol

SD&F

If you are out a load of cash maybe you could get a lean on his equipment or property.
I realize this is work, but atleast you have a signed contract. This could hold up in court if it ever went that far. If you could talk to him without knocking his head off;
Tell him to give you something of his that has value to you and you will not take him to court and charge him all court fees, costs and time down that you incur. That could easily be triple what he owes you. That's just what I'm saying. I'm a hard A--

Gino

Premium Subscriber
set each letter up as an individual sales sample & offer them to resellers of yours at cost so that they can have professional working channel letter samples of their own in house..sounds perfect 24inch individual letters ..cant think of a better sample and you have SEVEN of them..just think of all the sales these could generate for you :) seven shops with great samples selling your wares..there's always an opportunity lol

:Oops: There's also an R

If you are out a load of cash maybe you could get a lean on his equipment or property.
I realize this is work, but atleast you have a signed contract. This could hold up in court if it ever went that far. If you could talk to him without knocking his head off;
Tell him to give you something of his that has value to you and you will not take him to court and charge him all court fees, costs and time down that you incur. That could easily be triple what he owes you. That's just what I'm saying. I'm a hard A--

It's kinda hard discussing business with someone behind bars. They can kinda tell you anything..... you can't go after them. They're already in. :clapping:

It's been said to me before, since we had a situation like this once before, although they are in the slammer, they are still innocent until proven guilty. As long as they are allegedly charged with moving $500,000 worth of synthetic drugs and trafficking them, they still have their rights and I really can't move forward.

So, I'm just gonna get rid of most of the stuff, sell it off, save some for the next job, but 24" helvetica letters will be hard to pawn off on someone. If the guy is found innocent, I'll just make them again and charge him more for rental space and backpay.