• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ladder or Lift? Installation Help

VeritasCustom

Hello. Below is a pic of a monu/pole sign. I will be replacing the very top panel. The panel is about 2' x 8', and about 27' up (30' to the top of the sign). Should I just use a ladder for this? Or should I get a lift?

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Chad

IMG00058-20100804-1011.jpg Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign_Boy

Ladder???? Are you CRAZY?!?!?!?!
Lift all the way.
Just be sure to $$$$ for the install X feet off the ground = x $$$$

Mainframe

DO NOT USE A LADDER FOR THIS INSTALL!!! you need a lift, check the rental place, you may be able to swing a 4 hour rental for a lower price, if you would have the stones & brawn to go up a ladder that high with a 2x8 polycarb chances are the wind would rip you right off the ladder, ad the cost of the lift into the price.

VeritasCustom

DO NOT USE A LADDER FOR THIS INSTALL!!! you need a lift, check the rental place, you may be able to swing a 4 hour rental for a lower price, if you would have the stones & brawn to go up a ladder that high with a 2x8 polycarb chances are the wind would rip you right off the ladder, ad the cost of the lift into the price.

A boom or scissor? I have to do the other side as well. :)

Sign_Boy

Could you imagine putting that up with a ladder in high winds.
They would have to pick you up in the next county...

John L

Either way... Call up your liability insurance provider and tell them what you are about to do.

SAS

If you use a ladder please post a youtube video of you walking up the ladder with them letters over you shoulder.
I used a ladder to replace the light bulb in my outside nightlight and I was holding on to the light pole for dear life with one hand and the bulb in the other.

cOrKinSA

Go to Home Depot or sunbelt and rent a lift. I agree with Signcrafters, there is no way that's 2' x 8'.

GypsyGraphics

Doesn't look to me like a ladder is even an option... where would lean it? The sign below the one you're installing looks to be a lighted/digital cabinet, so you sure can lean your ladder against that.

jasonx

A boom or an all terrain scissor lift with out riggers.

Do you guys need licenses to operating access equipment in the states?

visual800

Of course you could always sling a ladder on the side of that pylon and slide out both faces at one time without moving the ladder. I've done that. it was not fun but I've done it. What sucks is you go and slide new faces in and they keep hitting the other end and won't shove in all the way keeping you from putting damn cap back on.

Sub it out to someone with bucket truck. Pay 'em cash, show the love

Typestries

I mean no disrespect, but do you have a family? Do you enjoy life? If you answered yes to either, don't put a ladder to that sign. $100 -$150 for a lift is worth your life? the client should be paying anyway. If they don't want to, just make the faces and drop them off and kindly tell them to install it themselves :)

Kottwitz-Graphics

Ok, I'm sorry, but this has to be a joke.

I mean, if someone is asking this type of question just blows my mind. The answer is common sense, and if he is seriously asking this question to get an answer, this guy has no buisiness in the sign buisness. He, or if he has employees, one of them is going to end up getting hurt.

Its going to end up on the evening news, and then its going to reflect on all of us.

If it is a joke, ha ha. If not, then you need to sell your icky quicky sticky franchise, and get another one. I think you can open a taco bell, or mickey dee's, get on thier message board and ask how to correctly make a taco, or big mac.

Sign_Boy

This is probably the best way to go.
It'll make it easy to move around.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 124

kgirl

haha...maybe add a rack for storage too.....how about a drink holder and horn?....tassles?......banana seat?