• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminating Long Runs... Problems...

fmg

We have issues with the safety laser sensor from time to time. It seems that the slightest spec of dust will trip that thing. Sometimes the tention on the vinyl supply will pull up on the table just enough to trip it too. There's never any rhyme or reason to it though. Sometimes it trips 10 times in one short run. Other times we can run 100 feet without it tripping once.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the lens quite easily by opening the cabinet to the left side.You will see the lens and all you have to do is adjust accordingly.

phototec

Photo request

Typically, we throw the vinyl supply on the back roller and feed it around and over the table with no tension at all. It has worked like a champ. Of course, the laminate supply always has as much tension as possible... which is sometimes a challenge.

grafixemporium, can you post a photo of your laminator showing the routing of the vinyl supply on the back roller and feed it around and over the table?

Thanks,

:thankyou:

grafixemporium

grafixemporium, can you post a photo of your laminator showing the routing of the vinyl supply on the back roller and feed it around and over the table?

I dunno. Is this a trap? What if we've been laminating incorrectly all this time? I mean... it works for us. If I post pics, I don't know if I can handle the firestorm of flames that are sure to come my way for our method of laminating. I'm fragile.

cptcorn

adad
I dunno. Is this a trap? What if we've been laminating incorrectly all this time? I mean... it works for us. If I post pics, I don't know if I can handle the firestorm of flames that are sure to come my way for our method of laminating. I'm fragile.

I live by the notion that everything I'm doing is wrong, and there is always a better meathod.

MikePro

If you're just having problems at the end of your long-lamination.... my trick is to:

purchase white cotton (lint-free) gloves, and as I'm laminating... I use both my hands in a sweeping motion (like karate kid, wax on-wax off) from center to the outsides as it is in motion.
this way, I keep the material flowing to the outsides (and dust-free) as it pulls through and keeps any chance of buckling in the center.

p.s. I run a Seal 54 Base, as well.
40 pressure, (high but not max) tension on the laminate, (high but not max) tension on the print... and I only remove the guard on short runs.

ECVSoares

Good morning, I have a SEAL Image 62 plus laminator, which lowers the rolls to laminate, but when I press the arrow to raise the rolls, they don't go up, only if I turn the machine off and on again...
Does anyone know what the problem is??

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Good morning, I have a SEAL Image 62 plus laminator, which lowers the rolls to laminate, but when I press the arrow to raise the rolls, they don't go up, only if I turn the machine off and on again...
Does anyone know what the problem is??

I think the problem is you are replying to a thread that has not been posted to in over 13 years and is not even the right subject.... Maybe make a new thread?