• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lawyer wants orange sign.........need some advice!!

vinylink0331

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have posted.

I am currently going to be doing a sandblasted sign for a lawyer who wants me to incorporate burnt orange into his sign. I have tryed a bunch of different combos but none seem to work out. He also mentioned the dark turqouise that I have incorporated in the sign that is attached. Any ideas on how I can improve on the sign and include the orange.

I was wanting a sign shape with clean lines. If any one has any sign shapes that would look good, please let me know.

Attachments

• cameron byrd4.fs.jpg
    cameron byrd4.fs.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 148

signgal

i really like how you set up the name of the firm, very classy. But I'm not seeing turqouise, maybe teal... ok... I think the burnt orange won't look so gaudy against the cream. So can you maybe reverse the colors so that the background is cream and the letters teal with b.orange accents, border, etc?

around my neck of the woods EVERYONE wants an orange sign...but anyways, do you own a color wheel? if not it is a good resource for identifying complementing colors.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
byrd.jpg

Although I like the black better, this would be what I call a personal preference and let the customer pick. :wink:

J Hill Designs

I think it looks good with the burnt sienna color :thumb: and yes, better kerning on LAW (its one of those words that always needs help)

Jillbeans

What about navy rather than teal?
(is the border & florish burnt orange? I can't tell)
The copy needs to be a little bit smaller especially his name.
I would use the same font as for the LAW FIRM part and center justify everything.
(You'd have to adjust your rule lines)
Lawyers like balance.
:)
Love....Jill

Patrick46

I guess my main issue ( if I do have one), is the lettering all needs to be a bit smaller.
It would read a nicer with bit more negative space. Looks nice otherwise.

jiarby

Try the thin border (looks tan now) to black to separate the orange from the interior field color.

Vinylman

What's with the strange "shadow effect"? on the scales of justice?

Does NOT look correct. I would suggest you drop the shadow entirely.