• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Sign/LED Message Center/LED Display

dlcled

I would like to post a thread here talking about LED Signs. ANyone who are interested in this topic,we can talk here.

Nuagedesigns

We have recently installed a 32" x 65" Display in our shop as a Demo and it has been here for 2 weeks and we have already sold 1 unit 60" X 144" single sided. Planning on our first install later this month.

Tons of buzz in town took me almost a year to get these things passed through the town regulations.

MikePro

Nearly 100 message center units installed to date! We mainly deal with Watchfire, but have also worked with Daktronics and a few others.
biggest PITA... city approvals. we currently have one 5' x 12' double-sided full color EMC up, that took the city over a year of approvals and now a business owner across the street is suing my client to take it down. the good guys are going to win, but its just another kick in the pants to have to continue to deal with a completed project that already took this long to finish.

These signs are a LOT more than just "plug n' play".

signage

Nearly 100 message center units installed to date! We mainly deal with Watchfire, but have also worked with Daktronics and a few others.
biggest PITA... city approvals. we currently have one 5' x 12' double-sided full color EMC up, that took the city over a year of approvals and now a business owner across the street is suing my client to take it down. the good guys are going to win, but its just another kick in the pants to have to continue to deal with a completed project that already took this long to finish.

:thumb: have to agree on these statements!

Last edited by a moderator:

dlcled

Hi, sorry I didn't make things clear..

I was trying to say that people who are in LED Sign business can communicate here what ever, technical, sales, marketing, problem they have,etc. To learn each other. Sorry for my English. Not very good.

What do you want to talk about?

dlcled

Great, congratulations! Hope more business come to you!

We have recently installed a 32" x 65" Display in our shop as a Demo and it has been here for 2 weeks and we have already sold 1 unit 60" X 144" single sided. Planning on our first install later this month.

Tons of buzz in town took me almost a year to get these things passed through the town regulations.

dlcled

100 EMCs! That is a quite good job. Dak and Watchfire are good American companies. Hope your 100 message centers installed were done in one year a shorter time. By that mean, you are doing a good job. Hope you do more LED Message Center business.

One of customer in Florida also took one year to win the right to install their double sided sign. That was really a hard work to deal with but, as you said, good guys win, they won at last and now the signs were installed!

SD&F

We have been doing LED's for the last two years and I wish we had started sooner.
I have only had one issue with getting a sign permit. We were grandfathered in and they still can't understand that the sq ft is the same and we are only changing the old time message board with an LED. LED's are the future

smdgrfx

Replacement Parts for Sunnywell LED boards?
Does anyone know where I can get replacement parts for Sunnywell LED products. I have a customer that bought 4 large LED signs (single color) and the day after they were installed, Sunnywell shut down their operations. The story I am told is that the owner retired. So, here we are two years later and the signs need to be serviced. Between two of the signs, I need 18 of the 40 daughter boards replaced. So, I found the company that took over their website and they forwarded me to the old owner of the company.

He gave me some pricing and has been keeping constant contact via e-mail, but he will not call me. He will only take a company check for payment and I am not feeling comfortable. So, I am trying to find another supplier, but having no luck. Does anyone have experience with Sunnywell products?? Or know where to get the right parts?

The person I have been e-mailing to is James Huang. Sound familiar? Has anyone here done any business with him??

Thank you in advance.
Philip

kazack

General Question about led message boards?

Hi there,

Led is led correct? With the exception of how many colors?

If this is correct, how hard or how easy or how economical would it be to change the pcb out to a more common one?

I have a message board led sign that is about 7 leds tall and 83 leds long. I am having an issue finding software, connection information, coding information and a remote.

So my thought was to disconnect the pcb that is in it and replace it with a more common pcb that I can get the software and or remote for, or even make it bluetooth compatible as well.

Please let me know your thoughts as the sign is good just no way to program it.

Thanks,
Shawn Mulligan

Thesignexpress

When you go to meet a customer to sell a LED (EMC) sign- What materials do you take with you?

How often do you have to go out to a sign to "fix" it?

What problem do you see the most with these signs?

Thesignexpress

I would like to post a thread here talking about LED Signs. ANyone who are interested in this topic,we can talk here.

When you go to meet a customer to sell a LED (EMC) sign- What materials do you take with you?

How often do you have to go out to a sign to "fix" it?

What problem do you see the most with these signs?