Locking Toolbars in Corel Draw

BuckyKatt666

Does anyone know if its possible to lock toolbars and taskbars in Corel Draw 11? I have my whole workspace customized, but I find myself accidentally grabbing and moving my tool bars all of the time.

Also, does anyone have any workspace customization tips?

-Jordan

Shovelhead

I'd like to know if anyone.......

knows of a site that offers alternative buttons and toolbars
for Corel 11???
The default bars are hideous
:cool:

jimdes

Save your stuff . . .

Bucky,
Under the "Tools" you'll find an option to export . . . follow the directions there and save the file in a location where you can find it later (or on a floppy for that matter).

It won't be exactly what you want because Corel lumps similar windows together, but you'll have the options you want in a relatively close proximity.

I also save my custom palletts on the same disk. I use this same disk whenever I change systems for work, school or when working freelance at another location . . . works well for me, I hope it does for you too.

jimdes

Don't like the monochrome look?

Hey shovelhead . . . Haven't found a website yet, I've been looking too but you can customize your own, here's an excerpt from the Corel help file:

1 Do one of the following:

· (Windows) Click Tools Customization.
· (Mac OS) Click Edit Customization.

2 In the Customization list of categories, click Commands.
3 Choose a command category from the top list box.
4 Click a toolbar command.
5 Click the Appearance tab.
6 Edit the button image using the options in the Image area.

Note

· When you choose either Small or Medium in the Size list box, you edit the small or medium versions of a particular button image. You cannot edit the large version of a button image. For information about how to display all buttons as small, medium, or large, see "To modify toolbar appearance."

Tip

· You can reset toolbar button images to the default settings by clicking Restore defaults.

Jillbeans

But how do I restore my original toolbar? Mine keeps getting wonky in Corel 12.
Aren't you supposed to press one of the F keys when starting up Corel or something?
Thanks.
Love....Jill

signmeup

I have trouble with tool bars in Corel 12. They won't stay put. I would also like to be able to "pin" a drop down menu so it stays dropped down until I'm finished with it.