• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Locking Toolbars in Corel Draw

BuckyKatt666

Does anyone know if its possible to lock toolbars and taskbars in Corel Draw 11? I have my whole workspace customized, but I find myself accidentally grabbing and moving my tool bars all of the time.

Also, does anyone have any workspace customization tips?

-Jordan

Shovelhead

I'd like to know if anyone.......

knows of a site that offers alternative buttons and toolbars
for Corel 11???
The default bars are hideous
:cool:

jimdes

Save your stuff . . .

Bucky,
Under the "Tools" you'll find an option to export . . . follow the directions there and save the file in a location where you can find it later (or on a floppy for that matter).

It won't be exactly what you want because Corel lumps similar windows together, but you'll have the options you want in a relatively close proximity.

I also save my custom palletts on the same disk. I use this same disk whenever I change systems for work, school or when working freelance at another location . . . works well for me, I hope it does for you too.

jimdes

Don't like the monochrome look?

Hey shovelhead . . . Haven't found a website yet, I've been looking too but you can customize your own, here's an excerpt from the Corel help file:

1 Do one of the following:

· (Windows) Click Tools Customization.
· (Mac OS) Click Edit Customization.

2 In the Customization list of categories, click Commands.
3 Choose a command category from the top list box.
4 Click a toolbar command.
5 Click the Appearance tab.
6 Edit the button image using the options in the Image area.

Note

· When you choose either Small or Medium in the Size list box, you edit the small or medium versions of a particular button image. You cannot edit the large version of a button image. For information about how to display all buttons as small, medium, or large, see "To modify toolbar appearance."

Tip

· You can reset toolbar button images to the default settings by clicking Restore defaults.

Jillbeans

But how do I restore my original toolbar? Mine keeps getting wonky in Corel 12.
Aren't you supposed to press one of the F keys when starting up Corel or something?
Thanks.
Love....Jill

signmeup

I have trouble with tool bars in Corel 12. They won't stay put. I would also like to be able to "pin" a drop down menu so it stays dropped down until I'm finished with it.