• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo and first layered vinyl

PMDesignz

1005131835.jpg 1005131835a.jpg Here is the logo I created and my first layered job for my upcoming vinyl sign business. Layered vinyl on magnetic stock on door. All vinyl on hatch. Let me know what you think of it. Of course be honest, I can take it.

SignManiac

I see you have some creative ideas. You need to prioritize your message. And contrast needs to play into your layout since the silver background of the truck is neutral. Try some other ideas before you settle on just one.

Pat Whatley

"DESIGNZ" makes me gringe. Spell it correctly, the whole "replace anything I can with a Z or an X" trend was over 15 years ago.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's got potential. You'll need to get your colors in better working condition and like mentioned..... it's easy to see your name, but since it doesn't relate to what you do, it's hard to tell what you're selling.

My biggest gripe would be how you tucked the phone panel up right to the molding. I don't like that look.

I must add, for layering your vinyl on there, you did a very good job. :thumb:

Mosh

Didn't know people still did "layered" vinyl... PM signs, let me guess you do this at night, on the side, with a cricut, cause someone charged you too much for a "sticker"... LOL

Nice design anyway....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
'DESIGNZ' conjures up an image of an idiot with a sideways baseball cap and pants around its knees.

'PM' is orders of magnitude too large. It says that the above mentioned idiot has an ego problem.

'Custom Vinyl Signs'. All signs are custom and 'vinyl' can be a pejorative. It subtly implies schlock. Just say 'SIGNS'. If signs are what you're selling then give it first billing.

The phone number is an abomination. Lose the white lozenge and find another way to make it stand out. Moreover the dots instead of dashes are passe, hard to read, and butt ugly.

The colors are somewhat less than optimum. Especially if you're touting your prowess as a sign maker.

If you're going to be in the sign business then don't use magnets. Whack it out right on the door like you mean it. Act like you are in business and not some weekend part-timer.

No sane person would layer cut vinyl for something like this. Print it.

Go back to the drawing board

Mosh

Magnetic signs say "my vehicle is more important than my business" I tell customers this all the time, some have told me, "yes it is"....LOL

PMDesignz

Logo design

Wow, You guys don't hold back a thing here! What I thought was a "strong" logo is indeed not. I can handle the criticism and I am open to all suggestions. I will change the logo and "ace" the magnetic door sign. This is my livelihood we're talking about and I won't take it lightly. Seems like PM Designs is more widespread than I thought too. :banghead: Should I change the name to something more unique? Is there a logo thread on here? I'd love to see other logos.

HulkSmash

Wow, You guys don't hold back a thing here! What I thought was a "strong" logo is indeed not. I can handle the criticism and I am open to all suggestions. I will change the logo and "ace" the magnetic door sign. This is my livelihood we're talking about and I won't take it lightly. Seems like PM Designs is more widespread than I thought too. :banghead: Should I change the name to something more unique? Is there a logo thread on here? I'd love to see other logos.

The logo isn't terrible, but no corporate, large company is going to take your company seriously with the way you spelled designz. It's not professional at all.

John Butto

You just ran the Signs 101 gauntlet. Hope you are not damaged too much. I liked your sign for the most part. Needs some work but everything and everyone does.

PMDesignz

PM are my initials and I kind of tied that in with night time (p.m.) with the moon. Not really moonlighting. I'm not complaining about the comments. I welcome them.:cool:

thesignexpert

Nicely handled sir! Some rough criticism was delivered but also a lot of good, sound advice. Stick around, continue to absorb the massive amount of knowledge here at Signs101 and constantly work to improve.

Good Luck!

Tim

Marlene

PM are my initials and I kind of tied that in with night time (p.m.) with the moon. Not really moonlighting. I'm not complaining about the comments. I welcome them

the moon and such would be a good idea if you did do this as a side line at night but since you don't, it send the wrong message. I so agree with bob that the "z" instead of "s" does conjure up the pants around the knees guy. a logo sends a message to all who view it and it is up to you to make sure that message is what you want it to be. so far you have moonlighting, side ways hat, pants hanging down around your knees guy. tell people who you are and what you do with your logo. layered vinyl is cool as so many do print these days and it is nice to see good solid colors with clean edges.