• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

HaroldDesign

Here is my initial logo concept for a dance studio. Several things I know need work even if the customer were to say it's perfect. I want to see what you all have to say, and then I'll go from there in conjunction with customer suggestions.
:thankyou:

Attachments

• Inspire_1.jpg
    Inspire_1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 150

SignManiac

I find the illustration difficult to make out at first glance. I like the concept but I think the artwork needs improving.

signgal

I'd like to see a different font on "dance studio" or maybe a more "graceful" font on the name but I'd like to see more of a contrast in the two lines... and I like the illustration. It's elegant and indicates movement whether you can tell at first glance what it is or not. I would be this client's customer and this concept would get my attention.

Circleville Signs

Good font choice, although I might customize the "T" in 'studio'. The downward slop of the intersect seems in contrast with the "uplifting" feel that most dance studios are going for.

I would then use the clip-art dancer that you have there as a template, and create a simple line drawing....Something like this...

Gary

Attachments

• Insipire-Dance.png
    Insipire-Dance.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 140

HaroldDesign

Thanks for the input! A little background - She is wanting a nice modern look, yet suggest it is mostly traditional dance (ballet). The art itself needs to be simplified. This is just what I made quickly from a photo she supplied me.

tanneji

Agreed with above. The beginning of the text gets a little lost in the dancer. Maybe separate it out a little more and change the color or something. I dunno haha

Circleville Signs

Yep - i figured that was along the lines of where you were at Caleb.

The drawing I did took about 10 minutes in Iluustrator with one of the built-in brushes.

Gary

Salmoneye

I don't love the font but I love the flow of the art. The quality of the art is another matter. She is too 'hot' or 'blown out' with respect to the detail, especially the shoulder and head area. I do like the concept though.

HaroldDesign

If she likes the art I am going to draw the contrast version of the original photo by hand, and then re-create the hand work in Illustrator. I really like the input you're all giving me!

rjpjr

I like the overall feel of the design. It shows motion and is fairly quick to read. The only thing that I would consider changing is the proximity of the dancer to "Inspire". I think I would shift the dancer away from the text a little bit and add a little breathing room there.

...my .02 cents...

Jillbeans

The kerning is off.
Looks like the font (is it the same font on both lines?) is squished or stretched.
I would use a script for the name and all caps something else for the dance studio part.
Love.....Jill