• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo critique

Signed Out

Looking for some input on this logo design for our sign shop. We have been in business for a year now and things are going well. Our focus is the manufacturing end and not design. Most of our customers already have logos and we outsource design work when needed. However I am actively trying to become a good designer and want to design our own logo. Have read lots of critiques on here and find them very helpful, even when it seems like the op gets bashed and offended. Thanks in advance for the constructive criticism. The Logo_white back_rasterized.jpg

The logo_black back_rasterized.jpg

HulkSmash

Hey i don't think it's a bad start. For some reason the red feels... cheap to me, can you make it richer?

ucmj22

I would vote against the gradient, at least as presented here | unnecessary / distracting

Marlene

you have a special effect in the spelling of the name, large/small caps on an arc with an italicized letter under that, an arrow and gradient lettering.
way way too much going on, no real focus. it looks like you tried to use all the buttons on your 'puter instead of coming up with a look to sell your business. even if people come with pre-done designs, you still wil want to look like you know what you are doing. try making it simple and using the odd spelling of signs as your focal point.

HulkSmash

Im assuming you want the arrow for a reason. so if you must have it, here are a few I threw together real quick. Hope this helps with direction.

Attachments

• allsignz.jpg
    allsignz.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 102

Signed Out

Thanks, seems like the 3 responders all agree that the gradient/red needs some work. This logo is by far the simplest one I have created so far. To be honest I was expecting to get bashed for the mispelling of signs which I myself question all the time. I didn't explain in my op what it means to us because I wanted to see if it struck a chord with anyone. We have a slogan, "We've got you covered from A to Z" that is why the arrow is there, pointing from A to Z. and why The A and Z are bigger than the other letters. As far as the gradient, does anybody have a suggestion as what can be done? Perhaps I'm wrong but I just feel it is too plain as a solid color. I have already been using this logo and have it on my truck in reflective and think the color change looks pretty nice, but am definitley open to change. I'll post a picture of our trucks. Thanks

Kyle Blue

If your looking for a way to do a gradient that is a little different, you could try something like this.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 72