• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design from uk

K3TZ

Hey Guys,

I have done a custom made logo for my friend, She wanted her First letter of her Name and Surname. Which is S T. I wanted to do something different big and bold

So....I sat down on my laptop and started messing about with shapes. I got a line and curved them from each end and joined the same shape and make it into the letters. Then the layout was done, finally it was Effects time, I used a Silver Snake skin and a megenta colour then..... THERE WAS MY MASTER PEICE.

Please do comment.... Thanks

Attachments

• ST.jpg
    ST.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 206

signmeup

It appears to be very well done but doesn't make me think of weddings at all. It reminds me of the straps on sexy high heeled shoes.

Jillbeans

Without the icky snake skin it has potential.
But who uses snake skins at a wedding? Maybe during a voodoo ritual.
If you must do an effect (I wouldn't) I'd go for shiny satin or even a bit of lace.
Just because you can add an effect or a texture doesn't mean you should.
I would go for more of a brush or calligraphy stroke looking shape.
Good thing her initials aren't STD.
:)
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

Agrees with Jill 100% snakes and weddings ? even if your friend likes snakes, her customers would have to also.

I do like the shape you created with the S ...the T not sure

What I suggest is not be satisfied yet. Try the S as one color of lace and the T as a another but I'd also work on the T more it seems it needs to flow better with the S

For inspiration look at some monograms of letters and also wedding services.

Jillbeans

I was thinking of the Young and Restless soap opera logo.
Here's a quick suggestion, I am not a huge fan of gradients but just to demonstrate.
Maybe metallic like a wedding ring and silky like a bride's knickers.

Attachments

• Y&R.jpg
    Y&R.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 177

bull-deano

In terms of UK wording,... its a bit chav mate. Kind of Essex girl bling. It looks cool but in terms of useability I think you need to tone it down a bit. Go with some softer, pastel like colours. I was in photography for some years and subtle is more successful than brash and bold.

Though at the end of the day, if your client likes it.