• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LogoRama? Anyone seen this?

Salmoneye

Nominated. Post if you find a place to watch the whole film. The clip was a little sad wasn't it. I need to start focusing my clients on less invasive signage.

gabagoo

I would be curious to know how he managed to get permission from all those companies and then how he would deal with placement of the logos? That is the real story to be seen for sure!!

signmeup

I would be curious to know how he managed to get permission from all those companies and then how he would deal with placement of the logos? That is the real story to be seen for sure!!
I think because it's considered art he can do as he likes. No way MacDonalds or Michelin gave permission for that!
a google search will turn up the full length version. Not what I expected!

Jillbeans

I did Google it and I really enjoyed it.
http://vimeo.com/9980207
There's a lot of swearing in case you mind that sort of thing (I don't), and it manages to be a dark comedy through all the brightness of the logos. Very clever and thanks for mentioning it here, because I never pay attention to stuff like this.
I could watch it several times because it's easy to miss a lot of the detail.
The ending music has always been a fave song of mine, too.
Love....Jill

Bannerday

Interesting.

Oddly, considering all the signage I didn't see any logo for a true sign outfit.

I noticed Minuteman Press & Vista Printing but no Fastsigns, Sign-A-Rama etc.

Of course, with all that ways going on I could have easily missed it.

phototec

pulled it down off both servers

I did Google it and I really enjoyed it.
http://vimeo.com/9980207
There's a lot of swearing in case you mind that sort of thing (I don't), and it manages to be a dark comedy through all the brightness of the logos. Very clever and thanks for mentioning it here, because I never pay attention to stuff like this.
I could watch it several times because it's easy to miss a lot of the detail.
The ending music has always been a fave song of mine, too.
Love....Jill

Wow, they just pulled it down off both servers mentioned in the above posts, I wonder if the companies shown have complained?

Vinylman

I was able to view the video from Jill's link prior to it being taken down.

I stopped watching it after several minutes because of the unnecessary and laborious use of foul language.
In my opinion it detracted from the amazing creativity that the producers showed in creating this mini film.
I never cease to be amazed at what todays' generation consider appropreat language.

It seems that since people like Chris Rock, and Eddie Murphy and their ilk crossed the lines of decency, nothing is off limits.

Tragic that creative talent such as is displayed in this film has to be rooted in the filth of street level gheto speak. I believe it could have been every bit as entertaining with two articulate dudes with rather formal British accents describing the scenery.

Just MY opinion.

SignManiac

Brilliantly done! I can't imagine it working without the language and violence. Very creative piece of work.